Let's talk about RID for a bit.

Acronyms and abbreviations are fun. That, or these lines don't deserve quite enough respect for full names.
Robots In Disguise, Armada, Energon, Cybertron - there, that's their names, happy now???
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: Let's talk about RID for a bit.

Post by Onslaught Six »

X-Brawn is actually relatively easy to do; Mach Alert falls somewhere in the middle and Speedbreaker...well, here's the thing, it's not the basics of the transformation, it's lining panels up.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Onslaught Six wrote:X-Brawn ... Mach Alert ... Speedbreaker
What did Wild Ride do to offend you that you'd use his slave name? =[

I have all of two RiD toys: the Spychangers Scourge and X-Brawn 2-pack. And that was a gift, too. You can tell that's when I kinda stopped buying TF toys... Probably the wrong time to do it, too!
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

He had a name similar to Wildrider.

I do this fairly routinely with RID toys, actually, referring to them by whichever name sounds better to my ears. The Build Team members are, to me, Grimlock, Wedge, Heavy Load and Hightower, but their combined form is Build King. Because I can't tell the difference between Hurricane, Typhoon and...I dunno the other one, Flood? Earthquake?
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Onslaught Six wrote:He had a name similar to Wildrider.

I do this fairly routinely with RID toys, actually, referring to them by whichever name sounds better to my ears. The Build Team members are, to me, Grimlock, Wedge, Heavy Load and Hightower, but their combined form is Build King. Because I can't tell the difference between Hurricane, Typhoon and...I dunno the other one, Flood? Earthquake?
And I still have JRX if you want 'em. It would also give me an excuse to send the instructions for Devastator (which I unfortunately forgot AGAIN). Rampage is on his way though so at least you'll now have the whole thing.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I still find Side Burn to be one of the more complicated Transformers I own. I had the hardest time getting the one arm and tire to get in the right position the first few times I transformed him. The other two are dead simple by comparison.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Shockwave wrote:
Onslaught Six wrote:He had a name similar to Wildrider.

And I still have JRX if you want 'em. It would also give me an excuse to send the instructions for Devastator (which I unfortunately forgot AGAIN). Rampage is on his way though so at least you'll now have the whole thing.
Ha! No worries. I'm still interested; it's just that my father hasn't looked at my car yet so I currently don't know how bad in the hole I am. One of those things.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I tend to go with the "name that I remember" with RiD and all of the following lines.

Oh, come on, Dom! The show was one of the best parts. The voice acting wasn't exactly blowing anyone away but it was more than adequate--Neil Kaplan does a great Optimus Prime IMO, enough that I was very disappointed in the fact that Gary Chalk was back for Armada and beyond. Skybyte is a great character. The Combaticons and Scourge were always a legitimate threat and everything about the Autobots, I loved.
Uh, no. It was bad. Calling it parody does not excuse the fact it was bad.

I wanted it to be good. But, it was not.

Dom
-considers transfroming Sideburn every so often, and usually thinks better of it.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

It wasn't just good because it was parody, but also legitimately good. It had its bad parts (Emailing Fort Max to save the universe comes to mind) but all in the nature of a good time. Hell, it's better off than the live action films.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

The bad parts were bad enough.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Dominic wrote:The bad parts were bad enough.
Example?