Best and Worst of "Armada":

Acronyms and abbreviations are fun. That, or these lines don't deserve quite enough respect for full names.
Robots In Disguise, Armada, Energon, Cybertron - there, that's their names, happy now???
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Re: Best and Worst of "Armada":

Post by Dominic »

The problem with the Armada toys is that they varied so much. There were really good toys, like Tidal Wave or Red Alert or Demolishor. But, there were stinkers like Optimus or Starscream or Hotshot.

Dom
-loves all Minicons.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

I have to agree with that. Demolisher was just...awesome. Far more awesome than he had any right to be.

Starscream and the other jets like him were pretty bad.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Ursus mellifera wrote:I have to agree with that. Demolisher was just...awesome. Far more awesome than he had any right to be.

Starscream and the other jets like him were pretty bad.
with armada's toy line,I it odd that some of the more weirder sculpted toys got more poseability like demolisher,hoist,redalert. while other more beautiful sculpted armada toys got less poseabilty like megatron,starscream/seekers,tidalwave,wheeljack,overload.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I liked most of the Decepticons from that line, Megatron, the seekers, Demolisher, but most of the Autobots were just pure fail for me. I actually did like the big Optimus Prime with the autotransforming trailer. It was a good prototype and I was really hoping to see how far they could go with engineering that concept. Thanks to this recession I suppose we'll never know since they're certainly not going to try it again now.