Autobot Strike Mission images.

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
onslaught86

Re: Autobot Strike Mission images.

Post by onslaught86 »

Yeah, remember how that doesn't happen with me as long as there are cool toys coming out? I only get burned out on TF when there's nothing interesting to buy for the forseeable future, ala the huuuuge gap before Animated started.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I am at a point where I am reading the comics as filler. As much as I liked AHM, I dont not expect it consistently. But, I agree with O86. Other than the comics, there is not much to be excited about fiction wise.

Toy-wise, the last few years have a been a lesson in separating the toys from context. AEC provided little incentive to buy toys after Dreamwave folded. The movie related comics justified a few toys on their own.

But, limiting myself just to good characters would have meant ignoring most of the "Cybertron" line, which I really liked. Similarly, there were plenty of movie toys that are worth owning despite being movie toys.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

JediTricks wrote:IMO, having seen Bludgeon and Lockdown imagery at Botcon, I don't know if one can exactly call it "Movie", it's in the movie line but the aesthetic is much more blended into Classics I think, despite Lockdown having mild Mech Alive. (They're calling the knife-reveal on Bludgeon MA as well, but I call that Automorph.)

I think the existing Movie line, the products we've seen and will be coming out this year are indeed underwhelming. Some are good, but as a whole there is a lot less to like.

I do not even know if I would call the blades "auto-morph", as they are not part of the transform. (The chest might be auto-mech-alive-morph. But, the blades are just springy weapon bits.)

Dom
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Dominic wrote:I do not even know if I would call the blades "auto-morph", as they are not part of the transform. (The chest might be auto-mech-alive-morph. But, the blades are just springy weapon bits.)
We'll need to see it in person to really know, but as I understood the panel members, it was part of the transform.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?