2024 Hauls

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: 2024 Hauls

Post by Shockwave »

Ursus mellifera wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:16 am Oh no. How did Mindwipe break? I know Weirdwolf has an issue with his canopy.
His right wing hinge right in the middle of the biggest hinge joint. Half of the plastic holding it on in the middle broke and left it unable to transform without just taking it apart, transforming the rest of it and then tacking it back on at the end. and since it forms one of the legs, that means that half of one of his legs will randomly fall off. Update: I actually did superglue it. It's functional, but not perfect. The leg doesn't close all the way, and the wing lost some articulation. It can move a little bit though.

Also, another haul: SS86 Ratchet and Frenzy (red). I have Ironhide from the Target two pack with dead Prowl so I thought I'd get Ratchet to go with him. I think these are the best regular scale Ironhide/Ratchet made so far. At least ones that are meant to be their G1 incarnations.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

I got something rather big this week... I bought a Kia Forte.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Sparky Prime wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:27 pm I got something rather big this week... I bought a Kia Forte.
NICE!! How is it?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Shockwave wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:33 pmNICE!! How is it?
To answer that, let me explain about my previous car... Circumstances led to me ending up with my dad's car. He was extremely minimalist as to what features a car came with. Who knew that in 2007 they still made cars without things like power locks, windows and cruise control? Suffice it to say, I was never a big fan of that car, although I wasn't going to complain about it either.

My new car, I wanted a brand new car. With power locks, and windows and can sync to my phone... I absolutely love it!
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Sparky Prime wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:27 pm I got something rather big this week... I bought a Kia Forte.
Nice, congrats!!!
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

andersonh1 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:11 pmNice, congrats!!!
Thanks!
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Suppose this is as good a place as any; it's the closest we've got to a "general" thread (and my post doesn't merit its own).

I got an email from someone letting me know Google is shuddering Google Groups' support for new posts, meaning the easiest way to access and post to Alt.toys.transformers is going away. I made a post there and it reminded me of here, so I thought I would pop by and leave an update for anyone who's curious. Several of you are my Facebook friends so none of this will be shocking information to you, but thought I would still pop in for posterity while I was thinking about it. Not sure when I last popped in and posted, so I figure I'll start with the basics:

I got married in 2017 to my girlfriend of 7 years, still together today. onslaught86 came from NZ to be my best man! We have three cats. Bought a house during the first 2 weeks of the pandemic for $8000--all prices dropped by $10-15K those first 2 weeks and unless you were literally in the market to buy a house, you probably didn't realize that. The house was livable where it was and we spent the summer fixing it up--thanks to tax returns, my wife's stimulus unemployment and the $2000 government checks, we were able to fix it up pretty nicely. I built a studio specifically to house my toys and music equipment, here's a photo of my workspace: https://photos.app.goo.gl/HzFHAyjhSsGUNhiy8

In 2021 I pivoted from my failed music career to doing tabletop RPGs. That's been much more successful! All the info is at http://tidalwavegames.com which, of course I would keep the branding on that. (I am so excited for Legacy Tidal Wave.) From there you can get all the social media bullshit if you're interested; the main thing is I have a Twitch now where I play obscure video games and promote TTRPG stuff. Also onslaughtsix.com is still in service and will always lead to all my social media, where you can find me.

Oh, and to keep it on topic: The most recent two pickups are Generations Galactic Man Shockwave and POTP Outback (or whatever he was called), filling in two holes I managed to make. Selects G2 Megatron is one of the only other big holes I intend to fill from the last few years; I own almost everything else that's come out that I care to own. The next most recent purchase from there is Tasmania Kid (his fake chest really annoys me) and Legacy Blitzwing, who I nabbed for like $25 on a Hasbro Pulse clearance deal--for that price he's very hard to pass up and is the best Blitzwing toy we've ever gotten, hands down. Very much motivates me to get rid of my other two.

Anyway: Take care of yourselves out here. You know where to find me if you need me.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Onslaught Six wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:59 am Suppose this is as good a place as any; it's the closest we've got to a "general" thread (and my post doesn't merit its own).

I got an email from someone letting me know Google is shuddering Google Groups' support for new posts, meaning the easiest way to access and post to Alt.toys.transformers is going away. I made a post there and it reminded me of here, so I thought I would pop by and leave an update for anyone who's curious. Several of you are my Facebook friends so none of this will be shocking information to you, but thought I would still pop in for posterity while I was thinking about it. Not sure when I last popped in and posted, so I figure I'll start with the basics:

I got married in 2017 to my girlfriend of 7 years, still together today. onslaught86 came from NZ to be my best man! We have three cats. Bought a house during the first 2 weeks of the pandemic for $8000--all prices dropped by $10-15K those first 2 weeks and unless you were literally in the market to buy a house, you probably didn't realize that. The house was livable where it was and we spent the summer fixing it up--thanks to tax returns, my wife's stimulus unemployment and the $2000 government checks, we were able to fix it up pretty nicely. I built a studio specifically to house my toys and music equipment, here's a photo of my workspace: https://photos.app.goo.gl/HzFHAyjhSsGUNhiy8

In 2021 I pivoted from my failed music career to doing tabletop RPGs. That's been much more successful! All the info is at http://tidalwavegames.com which, of course I would keep the branding on that. (I am so excited for Legacy Tidal Wave.) From there you can get all the social media bullshit if you're interested; the main thing is I have a Twitch now where I play obscure video games and promote TTRPG stuff. Also onslaughtsix.com is still in service and will always lead to all my social media, where you can find me.

Oh, and to keep it on topic: The most recent two pickups are Generations Galactic Man Shockwave and POTP Outback (or whatever he was called), filling in two holes I managed to make. Selects G2 Megatron is one of the only other big holes I intend to fill from the last few years; I own almost everything else that's come out that I care to own. The next most recent purchase from there is Tasmania Kid (his fake chest really annoys me) and Legacy Blitzwing, who I nabbed for like $25 on a Hasbro Pulse clearance deal--for that price he's very hard to pass up and is the best Blitzwing toy we've ever gotten, hands down. Very much motivates me to get rid of my other two.

Anyway: Take care of yourselves out here. You know where to find me if you need me.
Good to hear from you, thanks for filling us in.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Sparky Prime wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:36 pm
Shockwave wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:33 pmNICE!! How is it?
To answer that, let me explain about my previous car... Circumstances led to me ending up with my dad's car. He was extremely minimalist as to what features a car came with. Who knew that in 2007 they still made cars without things like power locks, windows and cruise control? Suffice it to say, I was never a big fan of that car, although I wasn't going to complain about it either.

My new car, I wanted a brand new car. With power locks, and windows and can sync to my phone... I absolutely love it!
Excellent! Congratulations! I understand about circumstances that lead to barrowing a car, I'm currently barrowing my Dad's truck. It actually does have power everything, but is so huge that I can't get from one side of the garage to the other without raising the door.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Onslaught Six wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:59 am Suppose this is as good a place as any; it's the closest we've got to a "general" thread (and my post doesn't merit its own).

This is great! I'm so happy for you, it sounds like you two are really happy together and that's amazing to hear that 86 was there too. I don't know why your music career didn't do better, I've hear way WAY shittier stuff be successful and you were actually good (the John Carpenter LP still holds up and is a great composition). Glad to hear the TTRPG thing is working out, I'll have to check you out on Twitch. Thanks for updating us and glad things are going well.