Skybound Transformers series

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Skybound Transformers series

Post by Dominic »

From BleedingCool:

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/exclusi ... -rivals-1/

The title (shipping next week according to the article) is "Void Rivals". That will be the launch of both TF and Joe.

The creative team involves Robert Kirkman, which is not encouraging. I will give it an issue or two. But, I am not sure that I am going to find room for this series in my pullfile, when I am already thinking of making cuts.
andersonh1

Re: new Transformers and Joe comics announced

Post by andersonh1 »

I can't say that I'm familiar with either the writer or the company, so I have no opinion. I'll try the book out and see what I think. I wasn't ready for the IDW2 continuity to end, so I'm a little unhappy about starting over again, but at least we got an ending of sorts with that continuity and didn't just get left hanging as we did with Dreamwave.

Man, I've been reading Transformers comics a long time....
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

andersonh1 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:29 pm I can't say that I'm familiar with either the writer or the company, so I have no opinion. I'll try the book out and see what I think. I wasn't ready for the IDW2 continuity to end, so I'm a little unhappy about starting over again, but at least we got an ending of sorts with that continuity and didn't just get left hanging as we did with Dreamwave.

He's the Walking Dead guy for both the comics and the show. I've enjoyed the show, and I'm willing to give any TF series a chance.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

andersonh1 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:29 pm I can't say that I'm familiar with either the writer or the company, so I have no opinion. I'll try the book out and see what I think. I wasn't ready for the IDW2 continuity to end, so I'm a little unhappy about starting over again, but at least we got an ending of sorts with that continuity and didn't just get left hanging as we did with Dreamwave.

He's the Walking Dead guy for both the comics and the show. I've enjoyed the show, and I'm willing to give any TF series a chance.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Shockwave wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:27 am

That's right, I knew I knew the name from somewhere. Zombies aren't my genre, but he's certainly made a success of them. Hopefully he'll come up with something successful for Transformers too.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

If I was not reading comics anyway (and planning to at least in to the fall, with Marvel's "Ultimate Invasion"), I am not sure I would be coming back for Kirkman on TF.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Void Rivals #1 is out today. I'll type up a more complete review later when I 'm on my computer instead of my phone.
Spoiler
They're jumping right into a shared universe, we don't see Earth or any humans in this first issue, and the only Transformer in the story is Jetfire. The actual Transformers series starts in October. This is a teaser issue, nothing substantial yet, just hints and setup. It's a decent story,
though the Transformers are tangential.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

The main plot is just a riff on "Enemy Mine".

The TF comic is going to be written by Daniel Johnson, who I know little about. I will give it 2 or 3 issues. (I did not know much about Ruckley or Lore, and they were fantastic.)
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Enemy Mine is a great flick!

Damn, I actually wanted to give Image money for these comics, but I don't want a physical copy, and I will not give Comixology/Amazon anything. Guess I'm bootlegging these online and buying the compilations if I like them enough.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Okay. I want to support TF comics, and I want them to do well, so I'm actually buying physical copies of these as they're released. Only two issues so far, but I'm enjoying it.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou