new Shattered Glass line announced

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Dominic
Supreme-Class

new Shattered Glass line announced

Post by Dominic »

Hasbro recently announced a 3rd series of "Shattered Glass" figures (exclusive to Pulse). As of now, it does not appear that the new figures will include comics. (I am somewhat relieved by this, as the only way to get the comics would be to buy the toys.)

The first figure will be Grimlock (based on the Studio Series mold from 2021). This is an easy skip. Not a fan of the mold.

Now, to commence speculation about the line: Cyclonus (based on old precedent), Sunstreaker (shown in the Magnus issue of series 2), Prowl (based on appearance in series 1 and 2 comics), Kup (based on previous appearances).
andersonh1

Re: new Shattered Glass line announced

Post by andersonh1 »

I've never been a fan of the Shattered Glass concept, but I do like Grimlock in Trypticon's colors.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I also hate the basic concept for "Shattered Glass". But, the recent series has been better than anyone had any right to expect.

I just works on its own. There are Easter Eggs. But, there is no need to catch them. No multiversal stupidity. It was just competently written/illustrated comics.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I'm surprised Hasbro doesn't go mass market on these. Seems like a great way to repaint and reuse existing molds and sell them all again.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Not sure that it would sell at mass retail.

Even if the "unused color scheme" exclusives sell at WalMart this year, the concept of a "Shattered Glass" type alternate universe still has a stink on it. (I will be the first to say how much better than expected IDW's "Shattered Glass" was. But, I would not blame anybody for glancing at it and just saying "this is stupid", given the general track record of that type of series.)