Star Wars - General Discussion Thread

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
andersonh1

Re: Star Wars - General Discussion Thread

Post by andersonh1 »

I don't think it's the same ship. I think he was on a Jedi ship during the Clone Wars, and then whatever ship Ahsoka had during her series. I'd be interested in knowing how Huyang escaped being captured or destroyed by the Empire.

The Bad Batch season 3 - Five episodes in, and it's feeling much more focused than the past two seasons. There have been some very strong episodes, and they look like they're going to pull off something I had written off some time ago and give Crosshairs a redemption storyline. I still think Tech is alive, but we will see. None of these characters have turned up in series set after this, so there's no guarantee any of them will get out alive, though surely the writers would not be so cruel as to kill off the cast. I certainly hope not. I hate that this is the final season, meaning we'll have only gotten three seasons with 16 episodes each, I think. I could follow a series with this cast of characters for quite a bit longer.
andersonh1

Re: Star Wars - General Discussion Thread

Post by andersonh1 »

The Bad Batch finale was available yesterday, and it finished pretty strong. I think this series in general has been a good follow up to The Clone Wars, showing some of what happened to the clones after the rise of the Empire and the early days of Palpatine's attempts to create a force-sensitive clone body, as seen in the sequel films. The early seasons had some filler episodes as they apparently tried to find a direction, but the show got progressively more focused and much darker and grimmer as it went along, down to children being kidnapped, imprisoned and tested by the Empire as part of the Emperor's project. Five of our six main character survived the series (and I'm still not convinced the sixth is dead, even though all the other characters believe he is. We never saw a body.) and had a fairly happy ending, retiring to a remote planet untouched by the Empire. I'd love to see more of these characters, but at the same time there's something to be said for telling a story and then ending it, rather than dragging things out.

The Star Wars animation department has really mined the Clone Wars and prequel era for some great storytelling, and I hope there's more to come in future.