One-note assclown returns to direct TF5

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
JediTricks
Site Admin

One-note assclown returns to direct TF5

Post by JediTricks »

August 11th, 2014, USA Today:
Bay, 49, believes he will pass the baton for future Transformer movies to a new director while he turns his focus elsewhere.

"There's kind of a new chapter, a new direction in movies I want to make," says Bay, who is eyeing a passion project, a documentary on elephant poaching. "I have a lot of stories to tell. And it's about flexing new muscles."
January 5th, 2016, Rolling Stone via CinemaBlend:
I’m doing Transformers … 5, is it? I’ve taken on a lot of work. … It's fun to do a movie that 100 million people will see. But this is the last one. I have to pass the reins to someone else. J.J. [Abrams] told me, ‘You’re the only guy that could do this.’ But it’s time to move on. One more.
Every single one of these shit movies since the first one has been this hack's last film, that he wants to take on gritty material that will cement him as a bigshot director. Every time he comes back because he doesn't really have the range as a director that he sees himself enjoying. Pain and Gain, did you see this? I couldn't even finish it. But at least his FIFTH Transformers film will be his "last". :roll:
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
andersonh1

Re: One-note assclown returns to direct TF5

Post by andersonh1 »

It's been his "last" for two or three films now, hasn't it? And I was looking forward to a new approach to the live action franchise. :(
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Yeah, I was looking forward to seeing a new director's take on the franchise myself, allowing for it to grow beyond what Bay's done with the first four.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I'm with JT, I saw this coming a mile away.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I cannot blame Bay for liking money. And, he is good at tapping in to popular sentiment with his movies.

(Not a fan of his movies. But, I can understand why they keep getting made.)
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

JediTricks wrote:August 11th, 2014, USA Today:
Bay, 49, believes he will pass the baton for future Transformer movies to a new director while he turns his focus elsewhere.

"There's kind of a new chapter, a new direction in movies I want to make," says Bay, who is eyeing a passion project, a documentary on elephant poaching. "I have a lot of stories to tell. And it's about flexing new muscles."
January 5th, 2016, Rolling Stone via CinemaBlend:
I’m doing Transformers … 5, is it? I’ve taken on a lot of work. … It's fun to do a movie that 100 million people will see. But this is the last one. I have to pass the reins to someone else. J.J. [Abrams] told me, ‘You’re the only guy that could do this.’ But it’s time to move on. One more.
Every single one of these shit movies since the first one has been this hack's last film, that he wants to take on gritty material that will cement him as a bigshot director. Every time he comes back because he doesn't really have the range as a director that he sees himself enjoying. Pain and Gain, did you see this? I couldn't even finish it. But at least his FIFTH Transformers film will be his "last". :roll:
Benghazi: The Motion Picture wasn't "gritty" enough for ya?