November Hauls

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
andersonh1

November Hauls

Post by andersonh1 »

I'll get us started this month. I got the 75th Anniversary Green Lantern volume. Sparky, you might enjoy this one. Once I"ve had the time to sit down and read through it, I'll put some thoughts in the retro comics thread.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

September/October Hauls

Post by Shockwave »

A Star Trek TNG communicator pin. Came in on Friday. I wish it made the noise, but it's still the best looking one I've had so far.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: November Hauls

Post by JediTricks »

Nice. Is it plastic or metal? There was one that connected to a sound board backer via magnets, I have the series around here somewhere (TNG, DS9/Voy badge, Bajoran, and Klingon, each with unique sounds). I prefer the metal badges, but the plastic ones look slightly better.

Hmm, I don't think I've hauled in anything for my personal life lately. A few danish cookies from my trip to Solvang.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

It's metal. It's a new version that was molded from the original prop. It also attaches with a magnet, but no soundboard. But, it is the most screen accurate looking one made to date. I would like to get the ones with the sounds at some point though. And some new collar pins.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Here's what I got over the last couple days:

-TFU 1.0 Ratchet; this guy is a repaint of RID X-Brawn/Wildrider in red with some goofy paintjob on his roof to look like an ambulance. That part doesn't really work but it doesn't affect the robot mode, which looks pretty swanky. I mostly got this to steal his front grille piece thing to give to my regular X-Brawn, only to find it is a very slight shade of gold instead of pure chrome. Damn it!
-G1 Motormaster gun to give to Combiner Wars Menasor. Which works better than the dinky Stunticon guns. He doesn't have his huge giant sword because Megatron stole that shit, and it looks amazing on him.
-CHMS "Black Death" Starscream KO; this is stylized after the black-and-gold eHobby G1 Starscream repaint which we had always retroactively decided was G1 BB (from BWII) because we were NERDS. Unfortunately this fucking thing's elbow joint broke in half when I tried to move it first. Maybe the seller will offer me an exchange but probably not, so I might have to glue it and, if I can't restore functionality, he may be stuck with one elbow always straight. A sad, unfortunate thing, but y'know. Knockoffs! This is why I don't buy third party shit.
-Super Robot Lifeform Transformers Adventure United Legacy Legends Whatever Axalon! This guy is unique for being in a Japanese repaint CHUG type line (of which I have no idea the real name of) and being a repaint of Energon Sharkticon in some pretty nice muted colours. I think his character is that the Axalon from Beast Wars is secretly a transformer. That's stupid but whatever, I like the colours, and he was only $30 so that seems like a pretty solid deal on a Japanese exclusive.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Got an early start on Xmas shopping last night with the parents. While at Barnes and Noble, picked up the Masters of the Universe mini comic collection. More on this in the retro comics thread.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Dom sent me MTMTE 44 and some Marvel books but I gave him the wrong zip code so I had to work with the PO to get the stuff, took 6 weeks, I finally can read the goodies soon and catch up on the comics I've been getting from the store.

Die Cast The Force Awakens X-wing from Disneyland - it's a park exclusive, and fairly nice for $10. The first one I bought had a misassembled cannon, the second one the cannon was totally loose, the third and final one has a glue stringer. At least it's mostly metal.

Pur chrome deluxe faucet water filter - my old one broke down after 2 years, this one was fairly cheap on Amazon so I figured just replace it. The filter container is lower profile, so itwings totally under the faucet which is nice.

Oontz Angle 3 bluetooth waterproof speaker - on Gold Box, now I can listen to music in the shower or the pool. Loud enough to get the condo guard to ask me to turn it down at 7pm. :mrgreen:

Masterpiece Tracks - I'm... still not sure how I feel. I like some things, I dislike others. My instinct is to call Masterpiece a dead line after Shockwave, I don't think this design is up to snufff with the previous entries, and the Vietnamese production seems like it's a little softer than other MPs.
Shockwave wrote:It's metal. It's a new version that was molded from the original prop. It also attaches with a magnet, but no soundboard. But, it is the most screen accurate looking one made to date. I would like to get the ones with the sounds at some point though. And some new collar pins.
Very nice. Since it attaches with a magnet, you can probably use the old soundboard version... although I bet there's a thinner version available at market today. How much did it run you?

I bet my TNG collar pips have tarnished irreparably.

I've been curating a weekly 6-hour Trek watch on Thursdays for the past 2 months and exposing new folks to Trek, it's been great. We goof on it a lot, there's plenty of Voyager and Enterprise to laugh at, but we also talk the bigger stuff at times. I added Babylon 5 last week and it went over pretty well. It's kind of recharging my batteries for something greater than TF or Star Wars, I didn't realize how much I needed that.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

JediTricks wrote:
Shockwave wrote:It's metal. It's a new version that was molded from the original prop. It also attaches with a magnet, but no soundboard. But, it is the most screen accurate looking one made to date. I would like to get the ones with the sounds at some point though. And some new collar pins.
Very nice. Since it attaches with a magnet, you can probably use the old soundboard version... although I bet there's a thinner version available at market today. How much did it run you?

I bet my TNG collar pips have tarnished irreparably.

I've been curating a weekly 6-hour Trek watch on Thursdays for the past 2 months and exposing new folks to Trek, it's been great. We goof on it a lot, there's plenty of Voyager and Enterprise to laugh at, but we also talk the bigger stuff at times. I added Babylon 5 last week and it went over pretty well. It's kind of recharging my batteries for something greater than TF or Star Wars, I didn't realize how much I needed that.
It was $20 from thinkgeek. I also got the Original series red shirt polo. I had a communicator pin before that had a magnet soundboard but I tried finding one on ebay and... nothing. I was surprised by how few soundboard pins there were. I think there were new collar pips made recently too that also are magnetic but I didn't order those. I still have the ones I bought years ago and they're in decent shape.

Also, hauls! Went to a toy shop here locally and picked up BM Blackarachnia, a knock off Tarantulus, Star Trek: Generations B'etor and DS9 Rom with Nog, FoC Kickback, the B2 Megatron, and Legends Starscream with Waspinator.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Shockwave wrote:It was $20 from thinkgeek. I also got the Original series red shirt polo. I had a communicator pin before that had a magnet soundboard but I tried finding one on ebay and... nothing. I was surprised by how few soundboard pins there were. I think there were new collar pips made recently too that also are magnetic but I didn't order those. I still have the ones I bought years ago and they're in decent shape.
Not a bad price. I just looked, it's the Quantum Mechanix version, I've seen it going for $30.

I'd think the collar pips would be too easy to knock off with magnets compared to the larger footprint of a badge.

Sucks about no sound boards out there.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Got my replacement CHMS Black Starscream and IMMEDIATELY broke his left arm in the SAME EXACT PLACE. Fuck this. Buying glue tomorrow. I'll live with a straight-arm knockoff.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.