New 5 part comic: Sins of the Wreckers

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
JediTricks
Site Admin

New 5 part comic: Sins of the Wreckers

Post by JediTricks »

Nick Roche is back and doing it all his way, art and writing. November. Sins of the Wreckers will be a 5-part series:

http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/07/11/tran ... ver-296885

The story will have repercussions across the TF universe.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
andersonh1

Re: New 5 part comic: Sins of the Wreckers

Post by andersonh1 »

Are they finally following up on Springer's condition? The series looks promising.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I am all in for this.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

Am I the only TF fan who just doesn't get the Wreckers' appeal?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Possibly? There's an appeal there in a group of Autobots who are literally as reprehensible as Decepticons.

Although here's the bit, I like them more for what Roche and Roberts did with them in Last Stand, if you haven't read it it's GREAT. Its been years since I've seen anything Roche has drawn--apparently he did a Death's Head series for Marvel? Whaaaaat? need to track that down yesterday!

I hope this addresses Guzzle, too. Dudes been gone since the end of Last Stand. Has Verity been addressed beyond the holo avatar cameo in MTMTE?
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Well, hey, TF is on my radar beyond rote habit again. I want a bit more information before I commit to buying it. But, it has respectable odds of getting in to my pull-file.

Roche is.....good. Not a huge fan of his art style. But, his writing is solid. (Has he written filler? If I remember correctly, his writing is purposeful. He says his piece, then he goes the hell away. He produces less, but better, work.)

Am I the only TF fan who just doesn't get the Wreckers' appeal?
No. The more GeeWun or toy focused you are, the less you are likely to care about the Wreckers or the Mayhems/Squadron-X/whatever. (The root concept of both teams is "nobody will ever get all of these characters as toys".)

That being said, I mostly agree with O6. "Last Stand" was very good. And, based on that, this is likely to be worth picking up as well.

Possibly? There's an appeal there in a group of Autobots who are literally as reprehensible as Decepticons.
I would partially disagree with that. If nothing else, the faction lines are so blurred in IDW that the Wreckers are arguably *worse* that some of the more "business like" Decepticons.

Similarly, some of the Lost Light's crew are worse than the Wreckers. (Other than Whirl, none of the Wreckers are shown engaging in recreational brutality. This cannot be said for several members of the Lost Light's crew.)

Its been years since I've seen anything Roche has drawn--apparently he did a Death's Head series for Marvel? Whaaaaat? need to track that down yesterday!
He did one or two one-shots as part of Marvel's attempt at relaunching their Marvel UK line. Unless you are a huge fan of Roche or anybody else who worked on it, it is not worth picking up.

Has Verity been addressed beyond the holo avatar cameo in MTMTE
Last time she showed up was the epilogue in "Last Stand".
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Almighty Unicron wrote:Am I the only TF fan who just doesn't get the Wreckers' appeal?
I'm not a big fan of the concept, I'm just in it for the story. I think Last Stand turned out well for the most part, so a follow up should be worth looking at.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Dom wrote: would partially disagree with that. If nothing else, the faction lines are so blurred in IDW that the Wreckers are arguably *worse* that some of the more "business like" Decepticons.

Similarly, some of the Lost Light's crew are worse than the Wreckers. (Other than Whirl, none of the Wreckers are shown engaging in recreational brutality. This cannot be said for several members of the Lost Light's crew.)
Maybe I worded it wrong. Either way, there's definitely something in there about Autobots doing unsavoury work that nevertheless needs to be done, and the constant implication that not all of them are going to come out of this alive.
He did one or two one-shots as part of Marvel's attempt at relaunching their Marvel UK line. Unless you are a huge fan of Roche or anybody else who worked on it, it is not worth picking up.
I am a fan of Roche (clearly), and also a fan of Death's Head. Even if there are only a few issues, all the better.
Last time she showed up was the epilogue in "Last Stand".
Here's hoping we get something addressing her. And Guzzle! I want Guzzle.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I am a fan of Roche (clearly), and also a fan of Death's Head. Even if there are only a few issues, all the better.
It is also not very good. It is not terrible. But, it was forgettable. (It was just a half-assed effort to push some d-list properties from 20 years ago.)
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Half-assed? D-list? If you are trying to dissuade me, you are failing.