Subscription Service 3 figures revealed

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: Subscription Service 3 figures revealed

Post by Sparky Prime »

Shockwave wrote:I mean, come on, nothing from FunPub is going to be unless it's in their own comic.
And it looks like this version of Serpent O.R. is indeed appearing in FanPub's Transformers: Timelines #9.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Sparky Prime wrote:And it looks like this version of Serpent O.R. is indeed appearing in FanPub's Transformers: Timelines #9.
Yup, that sure is one accurate toy in that context!

Oh wait, is that friggin' Universe Jhiaxus? With the Jetstorm-gas-mask coming off to reveal a comic-style face? Holy cats, that's almost awesomely stupid!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Think most of the TFCC Fun pub toys are more miss than hit.

If I like a mold,i'm happy just buying the cheap USA Hasbro retail version. I'd never pay 4 to 6 times more for a GLORIFIED TFCC recolor.

I agree with Jedi, The Subsciption 3.0 set of toys is vastly inferior to the 1.0 & 2.0 set of toys.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

You use BM Night Viper, duuuuh!
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

JediTricks wrote:You use BM Night Viper, duuuuh!
Oh dang. See, now that I would've bought.

I think the Scourge mold works for Serpentor, though. You want a figure that just basically looks like a normally porportioned dude in a cape, that future's probably your best bet. And the vehicle mode's a gratuitous snake head away from being a close enough morr or less beefed up air chariot.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

138 Scourge wrote:
JediTricks wrote:You use BM Night Viper, duuuuh!
Oh dang. See, now that I would've bought.
Right??? A new head , maybe a plastic cape for bot mode, and you're off to the races there. Or a new head on Cohrada, finally get a US release of that mold, it already has a cape in bot mode.
I think the Scourge mold works for Serpentor, though. You want a figure that just basically looks like a normally porportioned dude in a cape, that future's probably your best bet. And the vehicle mode's a gratuitous snake head away from being a close enough morr or less beefed up air chariot.
It doesn't say "this MUST be that" though, and that new head is a misfire. It's not as bad as Dom made out, but it's hardly perfect.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

JediTricks wrote:It doesn't say "this MUST be that" though, and that new head is a misfire. It's not as bad as Dom made out, but it's hardly perfect.
It's not actually a new head, it's the 'pre-tooled' Senator Ratbat head that previously only saw a Japanese release (I grabbed it when it was on sale at BBTS, very nice paint job). It is very similar to Serpentor's snake-head-helmet, hence them going with it, but it is meant to be a bat, not a snake, so that's why it's not at 100%.

Dom's got this thing where if a toy isn't perfect, it's automatically complete shit.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

BWprowl wrote:It's not actually a new head, it's the 'pre-tooled' Senator Ratbat head that previously only saw a Japanese release (I grabbed it when it was on sale at BBTS, very nice paint job). It is very similar to Serpentor's snake-head-helmet, hence them going with it, but it is meant to be a bat, not a snake, so that's why it's not at 100%.

Dom's got this thing where if a toy isn't perfect, it's automatically complete shit.
Ah yes, I knew it seemed familiar.

Well, it is the wrong animal head, and it's $50 per figure plus shipping (that also includes membership to the worst official fan club I know of, and you have to buy at that price 6 other figures whether or not you want them), so it should be better than just a repaint of the wrong thing at that price. If this were a retail toy, there'd be some leeway, but this is stupid-expensive for absolutely no new parts for a character nobody was clamoring for.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

BWprowl wrote:
Sparky Prime wrote:And it looks like this version of Serpent O.R. is indeed appearing in FanPub's Transformers: Timelines #9.
Yup, that sure is one accurate toy in that context!

Oh wait, is that friggin' Universe Jhiaxus? With the Jetstorm-gas-mask coming off to reveal a comic-style face? Holy cats, that's almost awesomely stupid!
Come on collector's club, give me a comic-accurate color scheme Jhiaxus. I'm about to give up on Hasbro doing that. What's up with the pumpkin orange every time we get a Jhaixus figure?
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

andersonh1 wrote:Come on collector's club, give me a comic-accurate color scheme Jhiaxus. I'm about to give up on Hasbro doing that. What's up with the pumpkin orange every time we get a Jhaixus figure?
To be fair, 'every time' has been twice so far. The Universe version was pretty much your usual 'Beast era toy with random colors slapped on it and a random name applied' release, and the colors for Jhiaxus's new comic appearance (and thus the new toy) homaged those colors.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a G2-style Jhiaxus at some point, though given how long it took for *somebody* to get to G2 Starscream, I wouldn't exactly hold my breath.

I'm wondering if we'll see the new ArScream mold done up as Thundercracker. Or a Skywarp remold that could also be done up as the infamous Universe Ramjet.