New cartoon: Robots In Disguise

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Re: New cartoon: Robots In Disguise

Post by Tigermegatron »

Don't think i'll be buying any toys from this line. Which is a good think as it'll save me money. can't believe Hasbro is carrying over the one step transformation that AOE has into this newer Rid toy line. Thought their was only one Dinobot, If there is a team of Dinobots, then in this newer Rid toy style, I predict epic fail.

Don't know who this newer 2015 TF cartoon series is for but it's most definately not for me.

Might be tempted to buy some bigger ( Voyager,leader,supreme) toy sizes Decepticons toys if the sculpts and characters chosen look nice.

Clearly the 2015,Combiners Wars should have got the newer 2015 TF cartoon series not this Bumblebee Rid cartoon or another season of Rescuebots.
If I had my way their would be 4 to 6 combiner teams in this newer 2015, Combiner wars cartoon series with metroplex and Trypticon as the factions leaders.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Almighty Unicron wrote:
BWprowl wrote:Why does the song sound like a dumbed-down version of Prodigy's Invaders Must Die?

Anyway, I...actually kinda like the animation. It's got that slick, "3D-as-2D" thing that I'm seeing/loving in the new Guilty Gear, and doesn't feel as...processed as TFPrime. There's at least a smidge of style to it. Also, looking at the title logo as well as the new toys they showed off, the Autobot symbol DID receive a tweak for this team, with that red/white ring around it, so that's something! So...looking a little better. Strongarm looks cool too.
Did I write this post? That's exactly how I felt, from the serial numbers filed off version of Invaders to actually liking the style (though not Sideswipe's "hair")

EDIT: Though another thing I don't like is how fucking BEEFY Bumblebee looks. For fuck's sake, he's called Bumblebee because he's yellow and small. I get this is an older portrayal of the character, but fuck, the dude looks like he's been bench pressing jumbo jets or something. He should still be a little weedy, n'est pas?
I showed the picture of Strongarm and Bumblebee to a friend who doesn't follow the cartoons very closely, before we knew Strongarm's name and who she was. "Some people think this is Drift but if you ask me it looks more like Bluestreak." Her response?

"Yeah, he's hanging out with Sunstreaker and I don't see Drift doing that for more than two seconds, so it probably is Bluestreak."

"...That's Bumblebee."

"what the fuck"
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Wow. That really does look like Bluestreak. Who know's? Maybe this will lead to Diaclone colored Bluestreaks. Bee is pretty beefy although I'll admit it's nice to see a different take on him. I couldn't play the video with sound, is he still doing the lame ass Fuax2 D2 thing?
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Shockwave wrote:Wow. That really does look like Bluestreak. Who know's? Maybe this will lead to Diaclone colored Bluestreaks.
Given that we know now that Strongarm definitely isn't Bluestreak...probably not?
Bee is pretty beefy although I'll admit it's nice to see a different take on him. I couldn't play the video with sound, is he still doing the lame ass Fuax2 D2 thing?
There's no dialogue in the video, so. Still, he has a mouf, and is in a Commander position in this new show so he would presumably need to be able to tell people what to do, and from what I understand Bee figured out how to talk again at the end of TFPrime, so I would imagine he would be speaking here.
Last edited by BWprowl on Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Shockwave wrote:I couldn't play the video with sound, is he still doing the lame ass Fuax2 D2 thing?
Like BWprowl said, there's no dialogue in the video, it's just music. But he will be talking in this series, having finally gotten his voice fixed near the end of the Prime series. His voice actor is Will Friedle.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Saw the footage at SDCC, I think they had another video that was test movement as well, only a few seconds long, but I could be mistaken, SDCC is a blur right now.

It looked ok, I'm not a huge fan of the cel-shading thing but if it means more expressiveness and more characters, I'll give it a shot, though I hope they don't get all rubberfaced.

They promised more humor and adventure and fun for this show, which is a good sign since Prime was dour too often and the adventure aspect was lost in the mindless violence and action.

The earthbound characters from Prime may show up in the future, but won't be in season 1.

In my notes that I typed up during the panel, I wrote "kidfoldy transformation" so I guess I wasn't too damned impressed with that aspect. :lol:

They said there will be a lot more Decepticons this time, and not generic ones like TFP.

As for toys, "Warrior class" seems to be replacing "Deluxe class", I thought it looked a smidge smaller than a deluxe too but that could just be my fears projecting from my subconscious.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Season 1 trailer is online at youtube showing a lot of new footage and characters, as well as the first time we hear the characters talking.

The Decepticons from what is shown all appear to be animal-inspired. They show a shark, wolf and dinosaur (Underbite) and Fixit's notes shows the silhouettes of a bot with deer-like antlers, what looks to be an Insecticon and one other than I can't make out any details.

Edit: New footage shown at NYCC reveals the last Decepticon silhouette is based on a lobster. And is named Bisk. Lobster Bisk, getit?
Last edited by Sparky Prime on Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Well that wasn't...the greatest trailer in the world (it actually had a lot of the same sort of stuff that pissed me off about the SW Rebels trailer), but could be worse I guess; at least it doesn't seem as perpetually sour-faced as TFPrime.

Couple things I do like: The set-up is actually reasonably clever, with a Sentai-style team of Autobots fighting a different Decepticon Criminal of the Week, specifically evocative of Dekaranger. Means we could get some cool and reasonably unique villains, even if they only last an episode (and hey, at least this show's being up-front about it, unlike TFPrime which kept introducing new Decepticons and acting like they were joining the team only to have them messily killed off at the end of each episode). And Fixit actually seems like me might NOT be horribly annoying and instead kind of cool. Though, have we seen what he transforms into yet? That's bothersome. Oh, and Strongarm is already really cool, I'll probably buy a toy or two of her, at least.

The big problem, of course, is that with all these Decepticons running around as disposable single-episode-problems, we're unlikely to get toys of the majority of them. :(
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

It's worth a serious mention, That the Hub network "might" have only existed in America & barely some other countries.

Techinally the newer TF cartoons never left the cartoon network in some european countries. in some countries TFP-BH and rescue bots aired on the cartoon network.

In canada, I think all the newer TF cartoons air on the same canada channel that initally aired Beast Wars.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

About the only positive things I can see about the Hub network ending and Discovery coming back. Is that Rescue bots will eventually get cancelled, Maybe a season or two earlier than Hasbro initially planned.

I think if Hasbro had their way and still had the Hub network. Hasbro would of had Five to Six to seven seasons of rescue bots.