BH Megatron's aquatic theme toy revealed with pics.

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: BH Megatron's aquatic theme toy revealed with pics.

Post by JediTricks »

Almighty Unicron wrote:
JediTricks wrote:Hasbro posted official pictures of this figure on their Facebook, the name doesn't seem to be "Sharkticon Megatron" though:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 938&type=3

He gets a special big-mouth faction symbol to go with it.
It kinda reminds me of the Aliens from Space Invaders... I doubt the final toy will have that, though.
Ha! I see that Space Invaders connection, the guys with the arms that go up and down.

Dunno why you think the final toy won't have it, those are the pics that are going on the box. This figure's so corny in every other way that I can totally see them doing this.

Now that we have good color pics, I'm wondering if that blue thing in the fish-gun's mouth is a missile or another handle for the sword form? On one hand, there's that cool handle that he's already holding it by, on the other hand, I'm not sure if there's room in there for springs to shoot a missile.
Could be a marble-shooter style missile, they don't need springs.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

JediTricks wrote:Hasbro posted official pictures of this figure on their Facebook, the name doesn't seem to be "Sharkticon Megatron" though:

That special faction symbol that Sharkticon Megatron's toy is wearing looks like the faction symbols the BH Predacons toys are wearing.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

JediTricks wrote:
Almighty Unicron wrote:

It kinda reminds me of the Aliens from Space Invaders... I doubt the final toy will have that, though.
Ha! I see that Space Invaders connection, the guys with the arms that go up and down.

Dunno why you think the final toy won't have it, those are the pics that are going on the box. This figure's so corny in every other way that I can totally see them doing this.

Now that we have good color pics, I'm wondering if that blue thing in the fish-gun's mouth is a missile or another handle for the sword form? On one hand, there's that cool handle that he's already holding it by, on the other hand, I'm not sure if there's room in there for springs to shoot a missile.
Could be a marble-shooter style missile, they don't need springs.
Box art pictures often differ from the final toy, with small molded details or, more often, missing paint aps: the box pictures are usually resin or first run toys, painted by hand, and then photoshopped and don't bring into account the cost of paint apps and decals. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy painting this inserted something a little funny with the faction symbols just for a joke.
Tigermegatron wrote:

That special faction symbol that Sharkticon Megatron's toy is wearing looks like the faction symbols the BH Predacons toys are wearing.
I've got BH Dreadwing right in front of me and he has a regular decepticon symbol on his wings.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

It's a toss-up right now. And also doesn't really matter, so!
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Production packaged look:
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ge-177694/

Note, official name: "Megatron", as I said previously.

Production colors are super fugly, especially the light blue.
Almighty Unicron wrote:
Tigermegatron wrote:That special faction symbol that Sharkticon Megatron's toy is wearing looks like the faction symbols the BH Predacons toys are wearing.
I've got BH Dreadwing right in front of me and he has a regular decepticon symbol on his wings.
Dreadwing is not a Predacon though.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

JediTricks wrote:Production packaged look: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ge-177694/

Note, official name: "Megatron", as I said previously.Production colors are super fugly, especially the light blue.
I always thought the TFP-BH Megatron sculpt was super ugly to begin with----> So now it's got ugly colors to match the ugly sculpt.

It seems like a huge chunk of TFP-BH toys were sculpted to loosely homage either the TF Animated or Movie-verse sculpted toys.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I've seen worse. This looks like if Prime Megatron and BW Depthcharge had a kid this is what it would look like.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Some youtube reviewer with an annoying gimmick managed to get his hands on the figure.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... i_41_QGKRU

I don't keep my BH toys in boxes, but do all of them have CGI models of the toy's robot mode on the package? At the very least someone made a CGI model for megatron in this incarnation, though it's another kettle of fish to get it properly rigged and boned (giggity) for CGI animation. The review also mentions that the instructions have a cross-sell for a hitherto unnanounced new novel, Transformers Retribution, which I assume will also be written by Alex Irvine.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Almighty Unicron wrote:Some youtube reviewer with an annoying gimmick managed to get his hands on the figure.
Every Youtube reviewer who isn't Thew is annoying. Every single one. I have no idea how other people have the patience for video reviews, they drive me absolutely insane.
I don't keep my BH toys in boxes, but do all of them have CGI models of the toy's robot mode on the package? At the very least someone made a CGI model for megatron in this incarnation, though it's another kettle of fish to get it properly rigged and boned (giggity) for CGI animation.
Yeah, the Voyagers all have CGI models for the characters on the sides. Granted, they've all been show characters up til this point, but it's worth noting that the pre-BH Prime toys also had CGI models on the boxes for all the characters, even guys with no chance of being in the show, like Thundertron.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

BWprowl wrote:
Almighty Unicron wrote:Some youtube reviewer with an annoying gimmick managed to get his hands on the figure.
Every Youtube reviewer who isn't Thew is annoying. Every single one. I have no idea how other people have the patience for video reviews, they drive me absolutely insane.
I don't keep my BH toys in boxes, but do all of them have CGI models of the toy's robot mode on the package? At the very least someone made a CGI model for megatron in this incarnation, though it's another kettle of fish to get it properly rigged and boned (giggity) for CGI animation.
Yeah, the Voyagers all have CGI models for the characters on the sides. Granted, they've all been show characters up til this point, but it's worth noting that the pre-BH Prime toys also had CGI models on the boxes for all the characters, even guys with no chance of being in the show, like Thundertron.
Thundertron was, if I recall correctly, supposed to be a major character in that Chinese MMO that got swept under the rug, so I assume his CGI model was made for that. And I think all other voyagers in Prime were either in the show or repaints/remolds.

But yeah, youtube reviewers suck. I don't understand why they manage to get the figures so early and not, like, pictorial reviewers like Ben.