Only a tool/moron makes a $5 to $7 profit on ebay.

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Only a tool/moron makes a $5 to $7 profit on ebay.

Post by Tigermegatron »

Selling newer in store TF toys on Ebay for a $5 to $7 profit on ebay is just stupid & makes no sense. Only a moron/tool who doesn't do his math would think he's making a profit.

A few examples of what i'm referring to:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers-Pr ... 23267a67a7
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers-Pr ... 23267a67f4
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers-Pr ... 23267a6837

TFP Voyager starscream & Thundertron cost $20 to $22.99 each in stores then tax add another $2,which totals $22 to $25.
TFP Deluxe Wheeljack cost $13.99 in stores,with $1.50 in tax it equals $15.49. THE ONLY WAY I CAN SEE THESE EBAY SCALPERS WHO BUY NEW STORE TOYS MAKE ANY PROFIT IS IF THEY TROLL AROUND & BUY IN BULK WHEN THEIR ARE STORE/SITE SALES LIKE TRU's Buy one get one half off sales. EVEN THEN THESE EBAY SCALPERS LOSE MONEY IN SHIPPING FEES IF THEY BUY FROM THE SITES. THEY LOSE MONEY IN GASOLINE FEES IF THEY DRIVE AROUND TO THE STORES.

Because as most SMART PEOPLE know,Ebay sellers can't charge it's buyers sales tax. Then Ebay charges sellers listing fees & final value fees. Paypal then charges sellers transactions fees. Lastly if these ebay sellers are using their credit cards to buy these new toys,they pay interest fees. Gasoline prices driving to these stores at over $4 per gallon really eats away at the scalper profits. then their is the persons time being wasted going to the store & the post office,all this for measely $5 to $7 profit. IN THE END THE $5 TO $7 PROFIT YOU MAKE FROM EBAY GETS EATEN UP BY ALL THIS I MENTIONED IN THIS PARAGRAPH.

Some sellers try to charge high shipping fees but hardly anyone bids on those auctions. Those who bid & win have the option of complaing to ebay to get some of the shipping money back or they leave negative feedback. these sellers that over charge on shipping fees barely make $2 to $3 dollars in profit.

Its just stupid to let ebay,paypal & the post office profit off these ebay sales while the seller breaks even or owes a small amount afterwards.

I call these types of ebay sellers TROLLS,Because if their not making any profit then all their really doing is hurting the buyers in their areas when they visit their local stores.

Some Internet TF fans speculate that these Scalpers are store employees with employee discounts. But as most smart people know a store employee discount is 10% and under. which doesn't equal enough savings to justify losing so much money on ebay from not being able to charge sales tax,paying ebay & paypal fees,gasoline & time exspenses.

I HONESTLY THINK THE ONLY WAY THESE EBAY SCALPERS WHO SELL NEW STORE TOYS FOR $5 PROFIT ON EBAY MAKER ANY PROFIT,IS IF THEIR STORE EMPLOYEES WHO STEAL THE TOYS & DON'T PAY FOR THEM.