Video Games are awesome

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Re: Video Games are awesome

Post by Gomess »

Sparky Prime wrote:Still, X6 I'd have to say is the most difficult game of the 6 games on the Mega Man X Collection.
I haven't played Collection, but as far as the WHOLE X series goes.... AGREED!

X1, on the other hand, has become a part of my muscle memory. I can complete it without losing a life, which I reckon is good going for any Mega Man game. Definitely one of my favourite vidya games ever.

Most of the games I play now, though, are decidedly less-than-popular. Dynasty Warriors 5? Guilty Gear XX? Darkstalkers? Chaos Legion? F-Zero X? Gungrave? Wild ARMs?

...Guess I'm just a sucker for the underdogs.
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Gomess wrote: Guilty Gear XX? Darkstalkers?
I'm with you on both of these, though my favorite Capcom fighting game is still, hands-down, Project Justice. We neeeeeeed a Rival Schools 3. I've also got quite soft spot for Third Strike, and outside of Capcom, Melty Blood.

Hey, speaking of Third Strike, how about those Super SF4 characters? Makoto! I was so happy!
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Project Justice is the ONLY 3D fighting game Capcom got right back in the day, IMO... And I got into it too late, 'cos Star Gladiator reeeaaally put me off Capcom + 3D fighters. -_-

But you're right, it kicks ass. And Makoto's in Super SFIV?? I share your appreciation. 8D In fact, my second reaction to Third Strike was, "Why are Ryu and Ken still in this?? Makoto and Sean will do QUITE nicely, thank you."

...My first reaction was of course OMG OMG 2D FIGHTINGGGGG~

But Guilt Gear still wins for its aesthetics and story mode. Still haven't gotten Dizzy's third ending.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Gomess wrote:And Makoto's in Super SFIV?? I share your appreciation.
Dude.

What's your take on BlazBlue?
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Haven't played Blazblue, but I've watched LPs, the gameplay looks astounding (obvious, as a GG fan, I know), but the designs... hurt. It's like the least talented member of Ishiwatari's staff was given free reign. The first time I saw Ragna I thought, SOL AND DANTE HAD A KID?, and that Potemkin guy... Bleh. Arachne ("Arakune", srsly?) looks alright, but that's probably just because he reminds me of Eddie. The others that aren't GG ripoffs mostly seem messy and cheesecakey, with gimmicks for the sake of them. That Chinese-coded lady is a far worse example of misogyny than I-No; at least she was based on a real person! [/mini rant]

...Besides, I'm a Venom player, and there looks to be no equivalent area-control/rushdown character from what I can tell(?). I'd rather have had a true GG sequel on Blazblue's engine! *o*

Nice trailer too, but when will Capcom get the hang of *zooming out* when one player is high in the air?? SNK were doing that two actual decades ago. >_< Of course, it's all moot, as I skip every other generation of consoles until the prices go down (I went SNES -> PS2, bought second-hand N64 and Saturn after). I'll wait for the PS4, Super Street Fighter IV Turbo Final Remix Beta and Blazblue XX #Reload+ vs. King of Fighter's History. ;p
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Must get a 360 before War For Cybertron.

Recently got the girlfriend into the world via the gateway drug of old Sega Genesis emulators. Now I put Portal on her laptop.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

If one of the current generation consoles gets a Saint Seiya game that uses the engine of the recent Dragon Ball Z games, with at LEAST 40 characters, a story mode covering the entire series, and offline four player, THEN I'll buy one.

Soyeah, it's pretty unlikely...

War of Cybertron doesn't appeal to me at all. I've seen one blurry picture of what looks like War Within fan art, and from what I've heard it ain't Dynasty Warriors: Cybertron, so I'm out.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I want it because varying reports have said WfC will be the prequel to whatever mainline we get next, or maybe not, who knows. Plus, 86 has a 360, so, co-op!
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Do you know it has co-op..?

That's one thing I'll say for more modern games; most do have it. Not enough classic games encourage working WITH your fellow humans... Mostly just leaves me with Bomberman, Dynasty Warriors and Kirby Super Star.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Gomess wrote:Do you know it has co-op..?
Yes. Every mission in the game has three Autobots/Decepticons in it, and you can choose any of them--and, from what we've been told, any one of your friends can, at any single point, jump in and play as one of those other two. I've honestly never heard of anything as simple and intuitive as that, and IMO that's how co-op *should* be done.
That's one thing I'll say for more modern games; most do have it. Not enough classic games encourage working WITH your fellow humans... Mostly just leaves me with Bomberman, Dynasty Warriors and Kirby Super Star.
Very true. Contra, though, man!