Intro and welcome thread

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Re: Intro and welcome thread

Post by Almighty Unicron »

Onslaught Six wrote:
138 Scourge wrote:I've seen him around on the Twitter every now and again, but I'm guessing that you'd have seen that, too. But that's the only time I've heard from him.
This. Also, you watching Goseiger? Saban buying back PR is an inneresting move, we need to discuss in depth. And also, that sucks about Crossrook, this is really unlike him.
I'm "paying attention" to Goseiger, but Sentai hasn't really been that appealing to me for a while. I can't sit through a full ep of Goseiger, it seems exceptionally childish, even for a sentai. I am glad Saban got PR back, and I think they may be trying to tap into a "nostalgia" for Power Rangers that may be based off the success of the recent Transformers movies. We'll see.
Dominic wrote:He may also be busy getting ready for college and such.

Dom
I think he's already a college sophomore. He's been going to college for at least a year at this point.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

:cry: Our little CrossRook is growing up. :cry:

Wook at that widdle face! Wook at it!

Dom
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Almighty Unicron wrote:
Onslaught Six wrote:
138 Scourge wrote:I've seen him around on the Twitter every now and again, but I'm guessing that you'd have seen that, too. But that's the only time I've heard from him.
This. Also, you watching Goseiger? Saban buying back PR is an inneresting move, we need to discuss in depth. And also, that sucks about Crossrook, this is really unlike him.
I'm "paying attention" to Goseiger, but Sentai hasn't really been that appealing to me for a while. I can't sit through a full ep of Goseiger, it seems exceptionally childish, even for a sentai. I am glad Saban got PR back, and I think they may be trying to tap into a "nostalgia" for Power Rangers that may be based off the success of the recent Transformers movies. We'll see.
I remember talking to 86 a few years ago--before the first Bay film, even, or perhaps right when it was entering preproduction--about how we'd love a kickass MMPR reboot movie with a huge budget. I believe the original concept we had involved them discovering one of the morphers, all cracked and fucked up, in a desert--and then unearthing the Triceratops zord. Which looked all kickass and awesome. In our heads.
Dominic wrote::cry: Our little CrossRook is growing up. :cry:

Wook at that widdle face! Wook at it!

Dom
Remember when he wasn't Crossrook at all? He was Rook&Crosswise? And we called him Crossrook offhandedly?
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Welcome to the 'Views AU! There seems to be a lot of the former bwtf-ers here that don't post very often. Speaking of 86, where is he? I haven't seen him on here much lately.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

He's at college now! Barely on, I can't even bribe him to listen to my crap now.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

My two yen:

Goseiger is the worst Super Sentai of all time. Yes. A confused and simplistic concept (angels? Who have nothing to do with angels? Versus... aliens?), halfassed costumes, generic mecha (red dragon, blue shark, pink bird BLA BLA), and one of the most rushed and downright empty opening episodes I've ever seen on TV. The mecha combine in the FIRST BLOODY EPISODE.

...I am becoming increasingly fond of Kamen Rider.

EDIT: Haha, just realised my first post in months is in the Welcome Thread.
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Hello,i'm new here.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Hi Tigermegatron! Welcome to the 'views!
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Yo.

...We call it "The 'Views" now?
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

No, G. No we don't.