Beast Wars Omnibus

"What? Transformers made from animals instead of vehicles and stuff? Doesn't sound so great, throw it to Kenner division, maybe they can make a quick buck or something."
Beast Wars, Machine Wars, Beast Machines... seeing a pattern? Coming soon: "Wars Wars"
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Re: Beast Wars Omnibus

Post by BWprowl »

I actually like Roche's art when he exaggerates his robots even *more* than normal. See: Spotlight Kup. I'd give my left foot for him to do more art like in that one.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Well, Spotlight: Kup worked because Kup was blippin' insane in it.

I'd like to see if AHM Kup still actually 'sees' everything that way, it's just that he's gotten used to it. That'd be hilarious.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Well in Spotlight Drift (which you didn't get to read, ha ha) Kup explains that Perceptor was the one who repaired him and 'Brought him back', though he doesn't go into too much more detail. I have a wacky theory that the 'cigar' that Kup is constantly 'smoking' is a sort of stabalizer that keeps his mind working properly.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

That would rule.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

That cigar thing just annoys me.

By the way, am I the only one who has noticed that AHM is being discussed in its own thread, a bit in the "Maximum Dinobots" thread (sensibly), here and in the movie forum's "prequel comics" thread.

Heh.....AHM is taking over.

Dom
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

The cigar thing is pretty funny, anyway, especially since they've actually acknowledged that It's There and stuff. Oh well.

And yeah, I noticed that too. I just think it's kind of a natural progression--this ended up tying into Spotlight: Kup which went, of course, to Drift and AHM where Kup is a central character. The same with the movie comics--they're the only thing that's out now besides AHM, so it's natural to compare the two.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Onslaught Six wrote:Just to add some more support, here's Roche drawing G1 Shockwave with scaly Dinobots around him:
http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/3/3b/Shockwaveg1idw.jpg
Hm, I'd say the Dinobots are a bit underdetailed there, Grimlock's head aside. The skin doesn't have enough texture, and Snarl's legs are in odd places. Had forgotten about Red Snarl, that's G2tastic. Just wish Slag was green. Heh.
kupa
Protoform

Post by kupa »

the cigar thing is rly annoying... :evil:
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I disagree.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Wow, that came out of nowhere. I actually find the fact that Kup was killed off in a crossover event that I only decided to buy as an afterthought to be more annoying than the cigar could ever be... :mrgreen: