Toyfair RoTF figures.

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Misanthrope Prime
Dinobot

Toyfair RoTF figures.

Post by Misanthrope Prime »

Some of them show promise, but I'm too busy being full of NERD RAGE about devvy.

http://tformers.com/transformers-toy-fa ... /news.html

$100 for a... no, not a combiner like we've been having for the last 20 years, but a MEGAZORD.

The devvy toy's components dont have individual robot modes, and you can buy ones that do separately, but they don't combine.
onslaught86

Re: Toyfair RoTF figures.

Post by onslaught86 »

Ten. Flavours. Of fail.

There is no excuse for doing that toy in that scale and making it that terrible. Also, the Twins are worse in plastic, their heads look melted. I'm not normally one to complain about Movie designs, but those are awful. Thankfully we have Super Prime, AllianceBee, Barricade, Sideswipe, and a few other bits 'n' bobs to enjoy. Consider me underwhelmed for the most part, and offended at Devastator.

I can only assume they're making a combining one later. If not, er.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Is that Bleh-vastator really the $100 version? I daresay there's no way. The leg parts don't even look to have ANY jointing. If it IS one-hundred-frickin'-dollars, I will have NO problem passing it up.

But come on, look at Scavenger's (swish, we have a name for him now) 'regular' toy: I can't see any reason for a full-size toy to have that simplistic a transformation into robot mode if it's NOT meant to combine with other stuff. And the combination doesn't even look to be very complex. It's like '86 said, there's honestly no excuse for this. Rampage, on the other hand, looks pretty cool on his own, at least. Also, what gives with the mention of six components, I thought Dev was seven?

I'm also with '86 on the Twins, yea gods they have bad heads. A pity, since it looks like they're rather nifty figures otherwise. Will definitely be snapping up Sideswipe and Breakaway though. Breakaway looks to be able to flip his cockpit over his face in robot mode. I find that delightful.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

I have to agree on the Devastator figure. Looking at the Voyager sized Scavenger, it looks to me like they could have worked in the combination for the 'regular' figures. And for a $100 figure, I think they really should have found a way to give those figures their individual robot modes.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

I'm with Prowl on Demolishor, too. Clever as those wheels are, that is not a sufficiently Mega toy in complexity without any combination element. Appropriate name, by the by.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Misanthrope Prime wrote:Some of them show promise, but I'm too busy being full of NERD RAGE about devvy.

http://tformers.com/transformers-toy-fa ... /news.html

$100 for a... no, not a combiner like we've been having for the last 20 years, but a MEGAZORD.

The devvy toy's components dont have individual robot modes, and you can buy ones that do separately, but they don't combine.
Great way of putting it! I think the design lacks all originality and thought, very simplistic way to combine, the side view of Devastator is especially shameful, the head is merely a cement mixer truck, the end.

onslaught86 wrote:Ten. Flavours. Of fail.
Nice! That's an internet keeper.

Seems like Toy Fair was not kind to Revenge of the Fallen at all, but that's only because ROTF wasn't kind to the toys it was producing.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

JediTricks wrote:Seems like Toy Fair was not kind to Revenge of the Fallen at all, but that's only because ROTF wasn't kind to the toys it was producing.
I wouldn't say that personally... Sure Devastator could be better but the other figures shown at Toy Fair look pretty good to me.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

They barely showed anything anyway, though. >.>
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Onslaught Six wrote:They barely showed anything anyway, though. >.>
Obviously they aren't going to give everything away all at once, but still, we did get a first look at several new figures as well as names for some of them we didn't know before.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Quick question: Anyone know if we're getting full-size toys of all of Devastator's components? Because I've already begun contemplating how I'm going to 'bash them into a *real* Devastator...