New member here, looking for refugees from BWTF

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
SynjoDeonecros
Dinobot

New member here, looking for refugees from BWTF

Post by SynjoDeonecros »

Hey. I'm new here, having joined because I saw quite a few names I recognized from BWTF. However, I'm not sure if they're the same people I knew on that forum. So I just wanted to know: how many on here HAVE come from BWTF?
donosaur
Gestalt Combiner

Re: New member here, looking for refugees from BWTF

Post by donosaur »

Unicrunch=me. Hiya there. I daresay most of the really active BWTF members wound up here, but maybe it's just the people I talked to. I recognize your name though.
.................................................................................................................................................................... _,_,_..
...................................................................................................................................................................(..vvvvv
..................................................................................................................................................................(..../"/"
.........................................................................................................................................................(\.....(.....) )
......................................................................................................................................................... \ \../../hh hh
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Well, this place was actually *created* as a place for the BWTFugees to go (Dom sent out a mass e-mail back when we first got started up), so yeah, if you recognize the screen name, it's probably who you think it is. I do remember you, Synj.

So yes, I'm THE BWprowl, though the sig certainly should've given that away. ;)
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

SynjoDeonecros wrote:Hey. I'm new here, having joined because I saw quite a few names I recognized from BWTF. However, I'm not sure if they're the same people I knew on that forum. So I just wanted to know: how many on here HAVE come from BWTF?

Welcome aboard.

JT is the admin here. If not for him, this board would not be here. And, the best part is, he does not demand tribute or nuthin'.

After the old bwtf boards went down, JT, myself, O86 and a number of others started emailing each other. Our messages turned into mini-forum posts. After much consideration, we began discussing a new forum. Then, JT took the big step.

Dom
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Synjo! We'd missed you! Seriously. Well, I had, can't speak for others. Heh.

Yeah, this little place is essentially the BWTF substitute. We have a few longer-term plans up our sleeves, just getting established at the moment. I managed to grab a huge list of email addresses from the old boards before they went down, so we let a lot of people know, though a fair few of them eluded me as I didn't have access to the admin panel. Sorry if you didn't get one.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Yeah, everyone here's the same person. In fact, only one or two of us *aren't* from BWTF.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Heh. I registered at BWTF years ago, posted about five times, and then didn't go back for a few years. Nothing against the site at all, I just never established it as a place where I posted habitually. Then I finally start to post there again on a more consistent basis, only a few months before it shut down. Figures.
Mirage
Gestalt Combiner

Post by Mirage »

I used to visit Ben's page for news WAY back when I discovered that there was an internet, and that there were Transformers on it. But as far as the forums, I... never... *cries*

Well, I'm here now, and happy to be so. :)
I disappear.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Yeah, I'm another refugee from BWTF. 138 Scourge let me know about this place after BWTF went down.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Sparky, we did not get you on the mass list?

Damn, we were slacking.

Anyway, has anyone heard from Scourge?

Dom