2024 Hauls

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
andersonh1

Re: 2024 Hauls

Post by andersonh1 »

Ursus mellifera wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:14 am Wow, a PENNY per PAGE?! Holy cow.
Yeah, I couldn't believe it. They must have needed to clear some inventory! :lol:
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

SS Gamer Cliffjumper - $9 at Ross, and worth not even that. What a piece of crap this is, not only is the robot mode a total mess, but the transformation doesn't work because swapping in the Cliffjumper head was too big and it causes the back part to pop off. The vehicle mode is decent when it stays together, but this thing is such a disappointment even knowing it was going to be a let-down. I don't usually give figures a failing grade, but this absolutely gets an F.

SS Gamer Starscream - $29.99 plus $20 bonus off at Target, he's nowhere near as bad as Cliffjumper, but still a lot of weird choices. The whole look is thrown off by the extra wide canopy which is there to accommodate a head transformation that simply wasn't needed AT ALL, the head could have simply rotated around and stayed there, filling in the gap behind the cockpit in vehicle mode. Transformation is awkward and is too poorly connected at the midsection and the upper rear, but it's not loose, just wobbly. It's not a great figure, but it's not as bad as i feared.

Legacy Cybertron Starscream - $27.99 plus a chunk off from the recent sale at Target, this is an odd figure, it's a fairly nice Cy Starscream but a bit skinny, the shoulder parts come off too easily, and the swords are too short. Great articulation, really nice movement. Transformation is a messy affair of things kinda pegging in but not really staying put, everything wiggles around too much. The vehicle mode is a let-down, from above it looks the part but from any other angle the clumsy underside with its extraneous parts becomes a big issue. Great figure but not a great Transformer.

Legacy Tasmania Kid - part of that sale buy, so I think like $7? He's a fun little dude, not all that amazing in bot mode but charming and the open jaw as chest works well. The transformation has a couple clever moves. The beast mode is a bit too static and the skullcap doesn't wanna stay in place, but he's alright here too.

Legacy Magneous - I like this one a lot, the sculpting is sharper than most figures, the deco is simple but works excellently, the transformation is really fun for a weaponizer-type, and he just has a presence. The only knock is he's not a great weaponizer-type, his lower legs transform into a larger head for his pickaxe but the rest is just vague parts - a whole arm, a side panel, the entire bot head to legs. Still, an "A" figure in my book.

Star Wars Black Series Phase 1 Lt. /Phase 2 Ahsoka Squad Clone 2-pack - Target exclusive half price worked out for me, I got 2 of these. The joints are all light, one is actually loose at a shoulder, but mostly ok. Not huge surprises with these, one of mine had a second right shoulder in place of a left, so Target gave me a third set.

GI Joe Classified Retro Duke - I haven't opened him yet, the packaging is solid as hell though, taking a page out of the Marvel Legends Retro book, these things will stop a tank. The figure looks good in package, does a few things that the original doesn't, has a few unique accessories. I wasn't gonna get him but so much positive chatter and those swappable fists swayed me.

GI Joe VAMP - unexpectedly worth the money, it's a fun set with a good feel to it. Not super in love with the turret but it's alright. Clutch is adequate, not loving the tats but the rest of the figure does the job, although his main helmet is loose. Probably my last big vehicle in this line.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I got another set of the Nano Metalfigs Transformers on clearance for $7. If you haven't seen them, these are small 1" or so tall diecast Transformers figures, many with metallic paint. This set has a number of Beast Wars figures and some repaints, including Optimus Prime with the energy axe, Beast Wars Megatron and Optimus Primal, Soundblaster, Nova Storm, and some others. I grabbed the picture off Wal-Mart's website so you could see all the characters. I'm not sure how many of these sets they've had, I do have one other from a few years back. At any rate, while this didn't tempt for for $20, it was well worth $7 to me. Looked like most of the Transformers were on clearance, so maybe a reset is on the way.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Legacy Beast Wars Silverbolt - Thank you Amazon for brightening my day with this. The original was already pretty accurate to the show, and this figure improves on that. It's great that his wings have more articulation so that they can be folded up rather than always extended due to built in gimmicks. Although, at least on my figure, they are a bit loose. Not enough that I'd call it a problem, but still, I wish they were tighter. Transformation is changed up bit to accommodate the wings ending up on his back in robot mode, but it means the hinge detailing on the front of his shoulders are faux. The one disappointing thing about this figure for me is the lack of articulation for the eagle talons. He's got ankle articulation, but the talons cannot open and close, unlike the original toy. So, despite a drawback or two, I'd say this is overall a great figure.