2024 Hauls

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: 2024 Hauls

Post by Shockwave »

Galactic Pursuit Barricade ("Earthrise" Barricade): Found it for $20 at the local toy shop and couldn't resist. Didn't have any weapons, but I have extra Bluestreak weapons so it was fine. I added some chrome on him to break up the endless sea of black. Also got another copy of Bluestreak. A friend gave me one to replace my broken one (from which came the weapons for Barricade). I used the from bumper from my broken one to customize a non destroyed Earthrise Prowl. I have the one from the SS 86 Target two pack, with the "destroyed" chest. Took that off, painted Bluestreak's and put that on and now I have a regular Prowl. Also got some Toyhax labels to upgrade some of my figures. I also customized another Siege Buzzsaw. This time, I didn't have to obliterate two Laserbeaks to do it.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Also forgot to mention Earthrise Smokescreen which replaces my broken one. At one point I was going to use Smokescreen and Bluestreak to make the Diaclone version but then Hasbro just went and made one themselves, saving me the trouble.

Also, preordered some stuff on Pulse, which might sound weird to list something that hasn't arrived yet, but... I backed Omega Prime. It's already reached tier 3 so it comes with the sword and the space bridge pieces. I also preordered Tidal Wave, the Autobot 5 pack, and Magmatron. That's in addition to having already preordered the Starscream/Waspinator set and the Nemesis Bridge set. SInce the Bridge set comes with Soundwave and another Laserbeak, I decided to custom the Laserbeak I already have into Buzzsaw. And this time, I didn't need to destroy two of them to do it.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I don't know that I'd call this a haul per se, because I did not want it the way I got it, but I've been sorting through my youngest brothers comics and he had a ton of them. He passed away about a year and a half ago, and my mom has slowly been going through and sorting his things, and knowing that I enjoy comics, she asked me to take these and sort them and see if I could sell them. I'm sure the local shop will be interested. If I ever had any desire to read Captain America or various X-Men related books, I'd be in luck, but I've tried the characters in the past and they just don't do a lot for me. My daughter and I finished sorting them, and there are three shortboxes worth. Now we just need to make an inventory spreadsheet. He did have some Justice League which I'll keep and a few other odds and ends. There's a Manhunter series from right around the time of the Invasion crossover, and a few other DC series that interest me.

Not to get depressing, but it's a reminder that whenever we go, someone has to sort through all the stuff we leave behind. Be kind and organize it now so they don't have to later. :(
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Arrived today: Superman, the Silver Age Omnibus, vol. 1. I've read enough comics from this era to expect some crazy shenanigans in this book.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

andersonh1 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:45 pm I don't know that I'd call this a haul per se, because I did not want it the way I got it, but I've been sorting through my youngest brothers comics and he had a ton of them. He passed away about a year and a half ago, and my mom has slowly been going through and sorting his things, and knowing that I enjoy comics, she asked me to take these and sort them and see if I could sell them. I'm sure the local shop will be interested. If I ever had any desire to read Captain America or various X-Men related books, I'd be in luck, but I've tried the characters in the past and they just don't do a lot for me. My daughter and I finished sorting them, and there are three shortboxes worth. Now we just need to make an inventory spreadsheet. He did have some Justice League which I'll keep and a few other odds and ends. There's a Manhunter series from right around the time of the Invasion crossover, and a few other DC series that interest me.

Not to get depressing, but it's a reminder that whenever we go, someone has to sort through all the stuff we leave behind. Be kind and organize it now so they don't have to later. :(
My condolences to you and your family for the loss of your brother.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Quintesson Pit of Judgement, Siege Jetfire, siege Cybertron (Galaxy Force) Prime, Generations Selects Cyclonus, Legacy Tigerhawk, GS Guard, Exhaust and Magnificus. The Pit of Judgement is awesome! It looks really amazing as a set on it's own, but coupled with the 2 other Allicons and the 2 other Sharkticons I have it really is amazing. Looks just like the movie. The Quintesson Judge as a Transformer isn't great, he kinda turns into a jail cell... ish? Looks great in Quintesson mode though. And the extras of Kranix and the prosecutor are perfectly scaled to capture the scene.

GS Cyclonus with Nightstick. For the most part, I like this figure. The mold is fun to mess with and looks great in both modes, except for one thing... the stickers. Most of them look good and perfectly give it that original toy look. BUT, the Decepticon logos ruin it. On the original there were logos on the wings, which wound up on the back of the robot mode. These go in front of other stickers, which when placed properly, wind up upside down on hi shoulders! Fail.

Tigerhawk is pretty cool, not sure how he compares to the original because I've never had one, but I like this figure and it looks good in my Maximal Shelf.

Galaxy Force Prime: With the exception of Siege Magnus, I now have every version of this mold: Galaxy Force Prime, Kingdom Magnus, SG Magnus, and Nova Prime. It is fun to mix and match.

Also got a G1 red Bumblebee, Henkei Bumblebee, and a Star Trek AMT light up Enterprise A model kit. Had one of these years ago until the glue finally gave out and I gave up fixing it for the bajillionth time. So now I'm just going to make a new one. I still have the A/C adapter that was on the previous one so I can plug it in instead of running off batteries.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Shockwave wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:20 pmMy condolences to you and your family for the loss of your brother.
Thank you. It was not long before Thanksgiving in 2022, so his spot at the table being empty was tough that year.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

The local 2nd and Charles used bookstore had a number of "new" used books in, including the first volume of the Batgirl Bronze Age omnibus. So I got a copy, and seriously considered Thor volume 1, though I've heard that series wasn't very good to begin with, so I'm not sure I really want that one. But the price is right if I change my mind.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I should have waited until today. Got a text that 2nd and Charles was having a "penny a page" sale on used books, limit five. I got The Mighty Thor omnibus 1, Superman the Man of Steel vol 3 (the John Byrne material), Green Lantern by Morrison season 2 volumes 1 and 2, and Green Lantern Circle of Fire. That Thor book alone was priced at $35, and I got all five books for less than that, so that's quite a haul.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Wow, a PENNY per PAGE?! Holy cow.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou