Hasbro Shattered Glass

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
JediTricks
Site Admin

Hasbro Shattered Glass

Post by JediTricks »

Since we don't seem to have a thread for it, I figure this is as good as anywhere to drop one. Hasbro's got a whole Shattered Glass thing going on, and today we have a reveal of SG Jetfire...

https://tfviews.com/news/toysandcollectibles/3429

It's a very interesting use of this mold, I kinda like what they're doing with it. I missed out on the original mold though, supposedly it's quite beloved. It is $12 more than the original.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Hasbro Shattered Glass

Post by Shockwave »

I'm wondering if it still has the faction flipping gimmick. They didn't show pics of an alternate logo, but I can't imagine why they would nerf it for this one rather than just doing a straight repaint. I got the original version of this when it was reissued a few months ago and yeah, it's pretty impressive. Highly recommended if you can find it. That said, I'm just not into the whole SG thing, but if I was, I would totally be in for this.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

There is also going to be a "Shattered Glass" comic from IDW. I am going to buy the first issue, and likely regret it.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Dominic wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:35 pm There is also going to be a "Shattered Glass" comic from IDW. I am going to buy the first issue, and likely regret it.
That's one of your favorite things to do!
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Shockwave wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:15 am I'm wondering if it still has the faction flipping gimmick. They didn't show pics of an alternate logo, but I can't imagine why they would nerf it for this one rather than just doing a straight repaint. I got the original version of this when it was reissued a few months ago and yeah, it's pretty impressive. Highly recommended if you can find it. That said, I'm just not into the whole SG thing, but if I was, I would totally be in for this.
They showed it off yesterday on the stream, it does still have the flipping faction gimmick and in the proper SG colors.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?