Transformers Kingdom

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Re: Transformers Kingdom

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Shockwave wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:09 am Also, my Rattrap's beast mode legs tab in the back.
Mine do too, for the record.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Core class Starscream: At first glance, you might think this is a downscaled classics/Earthrise Starscream. And you would be wrong. Visually it is in both modes, but the transformation is completely different. It's interesting, although not very intuitive. I actually had to read the instructions to make sure I wasn't going to break it. But, I think that's one of the things I like about this, it's not what you expect, but it all works. And he displays great in both modes. I look forward to the eventual Skywarp and Thundercracker Target exclusive repaints and the Amazon exclusive conehead retools.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

3 new Kingdom figures have been officially revealed... Leader Class Galvatron, Deluxe Beast Wars Scorponok and Titan Class Autobot Ark (with a transforming Teletraan 1 computer terminal).
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Wow. I guess the Titan class must sell, they keep making more of them. I would really like the Ark, just not for $150. Might have to keep an eye on that one, see if I can find a bargain at some point.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I'm in for Galvatron and Scorponok. The Ark is an easy pass for me. I already have a shelf with four titans on it, I don't have room for a fifth. And if I did, it would be Omega Supreme.

That said, I'm excited for some of the upcoming announced figures: Core class Soundwave, Voyager Tigatron, Pipes, Wreck-Gar, Rhinox, and Tracks.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Shockwave wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:04 am I'm in for Galvatron and Scorponok. The Ark is an easy pass for me. I already have a shelf with four titans on it, I don't have room for a fifth. And if I did, it would be Omega Supreme.

That said, I'm excited for some of the upcoming announced figures: Core class Soundwave, Voyager Tigatron, Pipes, Wreck-Gar, Rhinox, and Tracks.
I'll be skipping the Ark, as well. I'm definitely down for Galvatron and Scorponok. He has too many legs for a scorpion, but that's show-accurate.

I can't wait for all those others. I'm in for everyone but Soundwave. I hope the Rhinox will be a big Leader class, and not just a re-release of the Generations Rhinox, as awesome as it was.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Ursus mellifera wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:01 am
Shockwave wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:04 am I'm in for Galvatron and Scorponok. The Ark is an easy pass for me. I already have a shelf with four titans on it, I don't have room for a fifth. And if I did, it would be Omega Supreme.

I'll be skipping the Ark, as well. I'm definitely down for Galvatron and Scorponok. He has too many legs for a scorpion, but that's show-accurate.

I can't wait for all those others. I'm in for everyone but Soundwave. I hope the Rhinox will be a big Leader class, and not just a re-release of the Generations Rhinox, as awesome as it was.
I just hope Rhinox is an improvement over the Generations one. I still have it and transformed it again recently when I was fiddling with my Maximals last week and... yeah, that thing is a pannely mess. And maybe this is just mine, but the legs are so loose that it barely stands on it's own. In fact, if I remember correctly, I think I had to superglue them to stiffen them up a bit and they're still floppy as hell. Visually, it's great, but yeah, I'm hoping for some better engineering on the new one. Also, I hope he's voyager, I feel like leader class would dwarf Optimus Primal. And that's really my only complaint about Primal is that he's now leader class to match the new Megatron.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Ursus mellifera wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:01 am He has too many legs for a scorpion, but that's show-accurate.
Um... Scorpions are arachnids, they're supposed to have 8 legs. The scorpion accurate head rather than the cartoon kinda surprised me, but it looks good. Overall, very nice update to the character.

The Ark, honestly I wish looked a little better. I mean, it's not bad, but the necessities to allow for the transformation leave it looking a little hollow in a few places. It's interesting the robot mode looks a bit like The Last Autobot. But I guess pretty much any Transformer with an Autobot symbol inspired face kinda does. But makes me wonder if they intend any connection there or not...
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Sparky Prime wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:37 pm
Ursus mellifera wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:01 am He has too many legs for a scorpion, but that's show-accurate.
Um... Scorpions are arachnids, they're supposed to have 8 legs.
Eight limbs. They have eight limbs. Google a photo of a scorpion. Any scorpion.

Go on. I'll wait.

Six legs. Two arms. Eight limbs.

BOOM.

That being said. I'm digging the more accurate scorpion head, as well.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I wish that Hasbro had made a decision with Scorponok.

Either go for screen-accuracy, or natural-accuracy.

The limb-count is fine for screen-accuracy. But, beast-mode face breaks that.

I might pick up Tigatron, Pipes, Tracks and Rhinox. (Likely starting a new job-commute, which will take me past a Target most days.)