Transformers/Back To The Future

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Transformers/Back To The Future

Post by Shockwave »

Got the first issue a couple days ago and just read it. As usual with crossovers, this one is mostly set up and moving pieces into place for the plot. This on skips over a lot of the usual beats. There's no "good guy bad guy" misunderstanding where the "good guys" wind up fighting each other until they realize who the actual bad guys are. This one starts off with everyone squared off where they should be in that regard. Also, given that the BTTF franchise doesn't really have "bad guys" (I guess the Tannen family would be the closest equivalent) it wouldn't really work here anyway. It also skips over the whole "Transformers coming to Earth" thing, although their presence isn't yet known to any of the humans at the start of the story. Over all, I would say it's not a bad set up for what is essentially a comic that solely exists to provide a story for the crossover Gigawatt figure. I'm intrigued to see where this goes.