SUMMER hauls 2018

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
andersonh1

SUMMER hauls 2018

Post by andersonh1 »

I've started out the year with a Transformers purchase. Titans Return Sawback, a $5 figure that's essentially a headmaster and a beast mode that turns into a weapon/shield. So he's an accessory rather than a full figure. My daughter wanted Fangry, another $5 figure, mainly because he was on Masterforce. She was disappointed that the head and "Transtector" don't really work together. But for $5, Sawback is a decent little robot lion, and if you need an extra head for a Headmaster, and want a bright yellow and orange one, it's not a bad little Transformer accessory pack.

edit: found some good pictures of Sawback in all modes here: http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... one/37012/

I didn't realize he was a G1 figure. Must have been Japanese only.
andersonh1

Re: Winter hauls 2017

Post by andersonh1 »

My copy of The Bronze Age Batman Brave and the Bold omnibus volume 1 arrived today. Very hefty book, even for one of these omnibus volumes, full of late 60s, early 70s Batman. I note there's some Dick Giordano, Neal Adams and Jim Aparo art, and Denny O'Neil writes some fo the stories, so this is classic Batman goodness right here. :) I don't think I've ever read any of these stories.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Titans return wave 4. Mostly. still waiting on Broadside and didn't bother with... the Leader jet guy, can't remember his name. I also didn't get the titan masters. I'll explain more about that in Brawn's review.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

A pet tarantula. Specifically a Mexican Red Knee. Got her last Thursday. I've named her Margarita.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Titans Return Broadside. Review is in the appropriate thread.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Titans return Sixshot. Review later.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Two fun little purchases today: Titans Return Gnaw, a great little remake of the original G1 Sharkticon figure, and also what has to be the first Hot Wheels car I've bought in 30 years: the 1960s Batmobile, for the grand old price of 94c. I couldn't pass it up.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

andersonh1 wrote:Two fun little purchases today: Titans Return Gnaw, a great little remake of the original G1 Sharkticon figure, and also what has to be the first Hot Wheels car I've bought in 30 years: the 1960s Batmobile, for the grand old price of 94c. I couldn't pass it up.
I think a picture of Gnaw saying "CHIP!" should be your new avatar lol.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Shockwave wrote:
andersonh1 wrote:Two fun little purchases today: Titans Return Gnaw, a great little remake of the original G1 Sharkticon figure, and also what has to be the first Hot Wheels car I've bought in 30 years: the 1960s Batmobile, for the grand old price of 94c. I couldn't pass it up.
I think a picture of Gnaw saying "CHIP!" should be your new avatar lol.
He does need to get together with Megabolt and hunt down some snacks! :D
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Botcon 2009 boxed set. I had to replace it. Also, a Star Trek desk lamp from Thinkgeek.