Hauls from the back half of 2016!!

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Hauls from the back half of 2016!!

Post by Shockwave »

Titans Returns Leader Class Powermaster Optimus Prime and Blaster, Titan Masters Nightbeat, Crashbash, Terri-Bull, and... the other one (I can't remember his name right now). So far, I like Prime and Blaster. I like the idea of the Titan masters, but wish their vehicles actually had a robot mode for their headmaster modes to go with, rather than just being alternate heads for other figures... that already have heads. But, there are still some interesting things happening with these little guys regardless so I still think they're worth the price. One warning though: These headmaster heads are TINY! Seriously, I think they're like half the size of their G1 counterparts.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Spring Hauls

Post by Shockwave »

Also forgot to mention I got an upgrade wiring kit for my Playmates TNG Tricorder. I have yet to install it.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Spring Hauls

Post by Shockwave »

And everything Titans Return all came in at once. Legends class Wheelie, Rewind and Steeljaw and Fortress Maximus. Expecting Sentinal Prime and Galvatron today. Reviews later.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: Summer Hauls

Post by JediTricks »

Diamond Select Ghostbusters Egon Spengler dlx - pretty good, the big issue is the thick glasses, they're not even removable so what's the point of making them that thick? Just sculpt them with the head, or make them out of translucent material and paint a fine rim. Comes with EKG meter, which is why I chose this one. Pretty good, a few frustrating bits like the piddly way the neutrino wand attaches to the proton pack, but oh well. This is a wave 2 figure so the energy blast accessory has its collar to attach to the wand, looks good. Base part is ok, a big piece of sculpted, painted floor; not a dealmaker.

Diamond Select Ghostbusters Winston Zeddemore dlx - also pretty good. Comes with ghost trap, which is why I chose him. Everything looks good except this is wave 1 so energy blast has no collar, is useless. Base by itself would be totally useless but with Egon's it makes them both more stable, it's the altar and pretty well sculpted and painted.

TF Titans Return Blurr - pretty good, the Headmaster gimmick takes a lot of getting used to though. I like the figure but probably won't go hog-wild with the rest of the series, they had all the wave 1 deluxes and voyagers, I passed on 'em all except the lone Blurr, will wait for sales on Galvatron and maybe Scourge.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Things have been dry so I definitely haven't been around. It's the ebb and flow of the line, right? Plus I just fell out of the routine, but I'm gonna make the effort as the new line marches on.

Last week I got a preorder notification for TR Galvatron and G2 Bruty, and I didn't have the money so I immediately cancelled both. Then I found Galvatron at my store after work, which is INSANE because we NEVER get anything in. (The entire Sky Reign wave is hanging around and will probably continue to do so for ages.) I found $20 in my pocket; it's serendipity.

I'll post more detailed thoughts in a sec, but I definitely am in for a bunch of these now. I want Chromedome and maybe Brainstorm--despite getting the last one, I'm just a sucker I guess--and I want them to do a real Nightbeat, which they still might. Definitely in for Getaway when he hits, too, and Blaster is a maaaaybe, with definitely on PMOP. Even though Ginrai looks substantially better.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Brick and mortar hunting in my area has always been terrible, and now that I have enough income and no major financial catastrophes, means I have expendable income. So I pretty much just decided "Fuck it" and order everything online. This is partly why I check BBTS every day, to see what new stuff is up for preorder or available or sometimes just to see what other stuff is coming out. So yeah, that's why I've had damn near everything in this line come in this week, because that's when BBTS got all of it. Still no notification on the cases with Scourge and Blurr, but I have those preordered so they'll probably get charged and shipped soon.

So far I'm pretty happy with everything. There are some oddities, but there's really a lot of versatility too, which is fun.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Titans Return Galvatron, Sentinel Prime and four more Titan Masters: Brawn, Not-Grimlock, Apeface, and... the other one. I seriously cannot remember the names of all of these guys.

Also, went ornament shopping with the parents yesterday. July is when Hallmark releases their ornaments every year and this year I picked up the Gold 50th Anniversary Enterprise, Kirk vs. the Salt Monster, the Force Awakens X-Wing (which is actually a different design than the originals. Never noticed that in the movie), and Grimlock. I like the fact that they now have an ongoing Transformers series, it means we'll get high quality ornaments and probably get ornaments of a lot of different characters.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

That Kirk vs Salt Monster one is... quite a thing to see.

Hauled in from the postman at the front door...

GUM brand Gum Stimulator with 6 replacement tips - a funny little tool but due to a couple spots where I'm having trouble, the hygenist suggested this.

Diamond Select Ghostbusters Peter Venkman - after watching Ghostbusters on Monday (the real one), I saw what DST was going for with their likeness and picked up the figure. It comes with the other half of the center base, but because he doesn't have a PKE meter or ghost trap, they also gave Pete the steps inside the temple (you'd think that'd come with Gozer since she stands on them in the film). Pete has a different belt from Egon and Winston, the ghost trap attachment is on his left hip (despite him not coming with the ghost trap), the paint is a little sloppier but otherwise it's good. I also figured out what the dangling hooks are for, in the film Ray attaches the neutrino wand to them when he doesn't want to fully holster the wand, it looks solid.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Superman, the Golden Age omnibus vol. 2. arrived today, oddly. I knew Amazon had Sunday delivery during Christmas season, but I wasn't aware of that for the rest of the year.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Star Wars Black 3 3/4" Force Awakens Poe, Finn, and Rey. Went to Walmart yesterday with a friend of mine and they had these, so I picked them up.