May Hauls

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: May Hauls

Post by Onslaught Six »

I have the Protectobots paid for, but BBTS doesn't have my Wave 2 order in yet, so I gotta wait.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Hey I got a box from BBTS, too.

Mine had Gears in it. I like the grumpy little fuck for some reason, so I was willing to pay a little more for this guy.

He's pretty good. He's just a repaint with a new and somewhat ill-fitting head, but the paintwork on him is enough to really make he and Swerve look like different enough dudes. But hell, maybe I'll hit up the review section for a lightning round of reviewing stuff I've bought the last few months.

I will say though, that Gears' head looks just like Brawn, so Hasbro us clearly just screwing with O6 with this one.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I've been meaning to pick this up for some time, so I finally got Batman season one on DVD.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Picked up some goofy little toys on ebay that arrived yesterday. Any of the other older fellas here remember the Wendy's Go-Bots from thirty years ago? I decided I needed one of those and wound up getting two.

Breez was the one I was after. He's a cool little dual-rotor helicopter that turn into a neat little robot with dual arm rotor weapons. Even for being a fast food prize he was one of my favorite Go-Bots and I think he still holds up pretty well.

I wound up getting Beamer just because the pair was cheaper than any auction I could find for just Breez. He's got some charm since his robot mode is kind of odd looking, but is about as standard a cheap robot toy as you could imagine from that time.

Every so often I'm still amazed at how easy it is to find the most truly ridiculous nonsense these days.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I don't remember those, but then I always used to turn my nose up at Gobots back in the day. :P
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Hot Spot and Cyclonus. Reviews in the CW thread.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Disneyland Mickey Balloon popcorn bucket. These look great, very much like the balloons. I got the blue one, my gal got the purple one, I got popcorn, she didn't (it costs the same either way, but I ended up dumping half the popcorn because you get a lot more than it looks). It's a little challenging getting the popcorn out to eat, but was surprisingly easy to empty. Also has a handle. Great souvenir.
138 Scourge wrote:Picked up some goofy little toys on ebay that arrived yesterday. Any of the other older fellas here remember the Wendy's Go-Bots from thirty years ago? I decided I needed one of those and wound up getting two.

Breez was the one I was after. He's a cool little dual-rotor helicopter that turn into a neat little robot with dual arm rotor weapons. Even for being a fast food prize he was one of my favorite Go-Bots and I think he still holds up pretty well.

I wound up getting Beamer just because the pair was cheaper than any auction I could find for just Breez. He's got some charm since his robot mode is kind of odd looking, but is about as standard a cheap robot toy as you could imagine from that time.
Shiiiiiit, I totally do remember those! Not bad choices. I also liked Sky Fly, hated Odd Ball.
Every so often I'm still amazed at how easy it is to find the most truly ridiculous nonsense these days.
In a few generations, anything that isn't landfill will get passed around from generation to generation that way.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

DC has been publishing some "75 years" collection volumes for their characters over the last few years, and I finally bought one. I settled on "The Flash: A Celebration of 75 years" largely because it contains a Jay Garrick story I've never read. But I have a gripe about the book, and it's the same one I had about "The Greatest Flash Stories Ever Told" from 1991. Jay gets four stories, which seems about right proportionally for 11 years out of 75 as the main Flash. Bart gets 1 (and the cover) which again seems fair since his book lasted for a year. Wally West gets four stories, but Barry "DC's favorite" Allen gets 13 stories, as much as the other three combined plus a few more. To be fair, one of those is Flash of Two Worlds, costarring Jay Garrick , and one of them is Wally West's origin story from the Silver Age, but still... prior to Barry Allen's return in Flash Rebirth, he and Wally had almost exactly the same number of issues, and Wally was THE Flash for over 20 years. There ought to have been a better sampling of his stories in the book, but as the New 52 treatment of the character has shown, DC still views him as nothing other than a kid sidekick and second fiddle.

It's a nice collection, and a previously unreprinted Jay Garrick story from All-Flash is a nice inclusion, but it could have been better.