April Hauls!

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Re: April Hauls!

Post by 138 Scourge »

JediTricks wrote:
Guess where I was.
At a Star Trek convention?

Anyway, more nonsense! Got some stuff in the mail today. First off, Whirl! Who is okay, better than i thought, especially for butt ass cheap. The real prize is Legends Acid Storm and Venin, Acid Storm is gorgeous in his cartoon eye-searing garishness, Venin is okay as a weird rubbery bug-gun.

Only downside is my Whirl didn't come with stickers. Does not appear to be a big deal, the toy still looks keen.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

138 Scourge wrote:
JediTricks wrote:
Guess where I was.
At a Star Trek convention?

Anyway, more nonsense! Got some stuff in the mail today. First off, Whirl! Who is okay, better than i thought, especially for butt ass cheap. The real prize is Legends Acid Storm and Venin, Acid Storm is gorgeous in his cartoon eye-searing garishness, Venin is okay as a weird rubbery bug-gun.

Only downside is my Whirl didn't come with stickers. Does not appear to be a big deal, the toy still looks keen.
Did you look inside the instructions?
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

In got this one secondhand, so it didn't come with instructions. But some of the stuff reprolabels has for Whirl looks neat, so that might be a thing to do.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

138 Scourge wrote:In got this one secondhand, so it didn't come with instructions. But some of the stuff reprolabels has for Whirl looks neat, so that might be a thing to do.
I think I've only used half of mine so you're welcome to the rest if you want 'em.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Nice guess.

Picked up the Diamond Select Enterprise B on clearance at Target the other day, apparently they used to sell it online and were clearancing them out. Decent presculpt, good lights and sounds, paint is nice except in how much sloppy shit there is (SOP for DST these days, same with small manufacturing issues), sounds are a lot of lines from the film but not much of what I'm looking for.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I've actually been pretty impressed with the few DST Starships I've had. The Enterprise D was easily my favorite, they really knocked it out of the park on that one.

Anyway, last week at the comic shop I picked up IDW Classics Volume 8. This is the one that collect Marvel TF Universe 1-4 as well as the additional entries from later issues. I'm really glad they reprinted these. The artword is really cleaned up and looks fresh, and is still some of the best artwork of some of those Characters and it's arranged alphabetically including the later entries, making it really easy to find any character that you wanna read. Also included is the original GI Joe/TF crossover. I have to say, I really like having all of those Universe entries in one book.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Shockwave wrote:I've actually been pretty impressed with the few DST Starships I've had. The Enterprise D was easily my favorite, they really knocked it out of the park on that one.
If only they had painted the D's neck.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

JediTricks wrote:
Shockwave wrote:I've actually been pretty impressed with the few DST Starships I've had. The Enterprise D was easily my favorite, they really knocked it out of the park on that one.
If only they had painted the D's neck.
What was missing on it? I seem to recall the one I had looked fine to me.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Shockwave wrote:What was missing on it? I seem to recall the one I had looked fine to me.
The Ent D regular version is missing all the windows on the neck, 100% (despite the All Good Things version that came out first having them :roll: ). Apparently they've re-released it once where it had them, and there's a new re-release that fixes even more problems, but I am not buying it again unless it's magically cheap.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

JediTricks wrote:
Shockwave wrote:What was missing on it? I seem to recall the one I had looked fine to me.
The Ent D regular version is missing all the windows on the neck, 100% (despite the All Good Things version that came out first having them :roll: ). Apparently they've re-released it once where it had them, and there's a new re-release that fixes even more problems, but I am not buying it again unless it's magically cheap.
Oh ok. I must have had the rerelease then because I don't recall anything missing. I might get the rerelease if I can, I had to sell the one I had and it would be nice to have that one again.