Confirmed - Michael Bay Not Directing Transformers 5

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Confirmed - Michael Bay Not Directing Transformers 5

Post by Tigermegatron »

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... -5-181444/

IGN has just confirmed that Michael Bay will not be returning to direct Transformers 5.

After going back-and-forth multiple times concerning his directing the Transformers movies, it appears Michael Bay has finally decided not to return, instead opting to direct a Benghazi drama, titled "13 Hours" based on the novel by Mitchell Zuckoff.

The 5th live action Transformers film was officially announced earlier this month at the Hasbro third quarter 2014 earnings conference call, although after the box office success of Age of Extinction many assumed a 5th installment was a certainty.

Who's your choice to fill Michael Bay's spot? Discuss what you think about this revelation after the jump
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Re: Confirmed - Michael Bay Not Directing Transformers 5

Post by Tigermegatron »

I call BS on this, Think it's just a strategy Micheal Bay is doing in attempts to get a raise.

If it's true and a newer director gets chosen,then this is good news, at least for me. Why? because it will now take longer than 2 to 3 years to create and release the next TF live action movie in theatres.

Looking forward to the movie delays. So Hasbro and Takara can focus on release more Generations,CW, MP and Rid toys for 2015 thru 2018 without any interruptions, hiatus and cancellations.

Think Hasbro should just reboot the Live action TF movies universe. As most of the best iconic robots are dead, the earth is almost destroyed, future plot lines and arcs are harder to create.

If I had a pick the next director it would be James Cameron.

Think the reboot might give fans and buyers better looking CGI Theatre robots and better looking movie toys. doubt things here can get worse.
The DOTM and AOE toys were so terrible, I only bought Two toys from each movie toy line.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:I call BS on this, Think it's just a strategy Micheal Bay is doing in attempts to get a raise.
I really have to doubt he'd be trying to hold out for more money. Given how successful the first 4 films have been, he likely got some sizable checks to begin with. Not to mention, he wanted to call it quits after TF3, and had to be talked into doing TF4. As the article says, he wants to direct another project instead.
If it's true and a newer director gets chosen,then this is good news, at least for me. Why? because it will now take longer than 2 to 3 years to create and release the next TF live action movie in theatres.
Just because they'll need a new director, that doesn't necessarily mean it'll delay the next film. That'll only happen if they run into some difficulties. Take the Harry Potter films for example, they had 4 directors between the 8 films, yet they still all came out within a year or two of each other.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Sparky Prime wrote:
Tigermegatron wrote:I call BS on this, Think it's just a strategy Micheal Bay is doing in attempts to get a raise.
I really have to doubt he'd be trying to hold out for more money. Given how successful the first 4 films have been, he likely got some sizable checks to begin with. Not to mention, he wanted to call it quits after TF3, and had to be talked into doing TF4. As the article says, he wants to direct another project instead.
Just because they'll need a new director, that doesn't necessarily mean it'll delay the next film. That'll only happen if they run into some difficulties. Take the Harry Potter films for example, they had 4 directors between the 8 films, yet they still all came out within a year or two of each other.
Sir,I am not going to waste hours and dozens of replies replying to your epic nonsense,While you might enjoy this, I do not.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I don't have any real animosity towards Michael Bay, but a change in tone and overall vision for the series could be a good thing.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I just hope this means a change in visual style. I just really don't like most of the movie designs.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:Sir,I am not going to waste hours and dozens of replies replying to your epic nonsense,While you might enjoy this, I do not.
Ok first of all, nothing I've said was nonsense in the least. Secondly, why are you bothering to reply just to say you're not going to reply while vaguely insulting me?
andersonh1 wrote:I don't have any real animosity towards Michael Bay, but a change in tone and overall vision for the series could be a good thing.
I think I'll be nice to see what another director does with the series as well.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

I think it's still basically going to be the same thing. These things are all CGI and explosions anyway, so how much room could there be for a new director to have a new vision? I mean, I'd love to be wrong on this, but I'm not optimistic.

The directors I get excited about probably wouldn't even be in the running. Del Toro pretty much already has his own giant robot movies, Robert Rodriguez would be unlikely at best, and while a Wes Anderson TF movie would look great and have the best soundtrack, I dont see it happening.

Maybe like Ti West or someone like that? Alien space monsters in disguise all around us is a borderline horror movie concept ayway. And while it seems unlikely that a low budget horror guy would be put on a blockbuster thing, that's where Peter Jackson and Sam Raining started out, and they've gone on to make a couple bucks making movies since.

Whoever does it, it's bound to not be worse than Revenge of the Fallen unless, I don't know...George Lucas?
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

David Lynch's Transformers 5.

"Damn fine energon!"
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

There's a lot of lesser-known directors who could easily do it justice. Neil Blomkamp, that MI: Ghost Protocol dude, plus any number of the seemingly nameless Marvel film directors (name one who ain't Jon Favreau or Joss Whedon, but damn if they don't do a good job). It could work, just needs the right guy.

Of course, if you let James Roberts script it, we're already halfway there...
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.