possible cross-over with the Hama Joe series

Ancillary, non-main-line stuff. Star Wars TF, Speed Stars, Titanium Series, Robot Heroes, that sort of thing. They're kinda neat, but we all know they're not really that important. Admit it, you know it's true.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

possible cross-over with the Hama Joe series

Post by Dominic »

http://boards.idwpublishing.com/3/viewt ... 21&t=18545

Apparently, the current "A Real American Hero" book (aka "Larry Hama has no ideas") is going to have an arc focusing on xeno-tech, and some people are speculating that it is going to be a TF cross-over. Hama's Joes have met the TFs at least twice before (with the second half of the G2 cross-over and the UK story likely not being counted), so there is some precedent.

Hama has not impressed me for about 20 years now. Since then, most of his work has been middling (and some of it has been offensively bad). Not sure I am going to buy in on this (especially given how many good comics are coming out). But, it has to be better than anything Scioli is doing.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Re: possible cross-over with the Hama Joe series

Post by BWprowl »

For someone who expends a lot of energy into trumpeting the value of buying comics because they're good and not just because they have Transformers in them, you sure do spend a lot of time fretting over whether or not you're going to buy certain comics (that you acknowledge likely won't be good) just because they have Transformers in them.

It's like, you say right there that Larry Hama is writing this and you don't like Larry Hama's writing which is why you haven't been reading it, but now all of a sudden because Optimus Prime and Soundwave may be showing up, it's on your radar? It's still gonna suck, who cares?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Dominic wrote:But, it has to be better than anything Scioli is doing.
That's a low bar. Toilet paper is better than Scioli is doing.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

True. "Better than Scioli" is a low bar to set for any professionally done comic.

For someone who expends a lot of energy into trumpeting the value of buying comics because they're good and not just because they have Transformers in them, you sure do spend a lot of time fretting over whether or not you're going to buy certain comics (that you acknowledge likely won't be good) just because they have Transformers in them.
Normally, morbid curiosity would be enough to compel me on something like this.

But, at the moment, there are too many good comics I am not even subscribed to for me to be likely to read a book I know will be bad.

Not likely to buy this. But, it is likely of interest on this forum.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Dominic wrote:True. "Better than Scioli" is a low bar to set for any professionally done comic.
He sets the bar low for ANY comic. David Willis would have been a better choice and fuck Scioli with baseball bat with rusty nails on fire for making me type that and have it be true.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Is there even any proof that this would actually be TF-related? Hama could just as easily introduce those doofy aliens from the Star Force series or whatever.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Obviously, we can rule this out now. The big robots and xeno tech are an all new thing.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Still feel like some of the robots are definitely designed after those non-Movie Movie guys.

I mean, just compare:
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:Movie-Payload-Toy.jpg
http://news.hisstank.com/wp-content/upl ... iew-03.jpg
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

You are most likely right about the robots being designed after TFs. But, for the purposes of the book, they are not TFs.