Beast Wars figures custom work

"What? Transformers made from animals instead of vehicles and stuff? Doesn't sound so great, throw it to Kenner division, maybe they can make a quick buck or something."
Beast Wars, Machine Wars, Beast Machines... seeing a pattern? Coming soon: "Wars Wars"
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Beast Wars figures custom work

Post by Sparky Prime »

So having gotten Generations Rhinox a while ago, I really wanted his chain guns of doom to be more show accurate and decided I'd share the results.

Sorry the picture turned out a bit fuzzy but I think it still shows the paint I added well enough. I think it turned out pretty well.

While I had the paint out, I decided after all of these years I also really wanted TM2 Cheetor to have his spots and paint some other details on him. He just looked so plain standing next to Rhinox. So I did a little work on him as well:

Beast Mode:
Image Image

Robot Mode:
I was kinda nervous about painting the spots, in trying to make them look as natural as possible. I think the figure looks so much better and more like a cheetah...sabertooth thing. I would have liked to have done a few more details on the robot face, but I decided that was just too small for me to do accurately. Overall, I'm pleased with the results.
andersonh1

Re: Beast Wars figures custom work

Post by andersonh1 »

Those look great. Nice job!
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

andersonh1 wrote:Those look great. Nice job!
Thanks, much appreciated!
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

You sir, have got some good painting skills. Both figures look fantastic.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Shockwave wrote:You sir, have got some good painting skills. Both figures look fantastic.
Thanks! :D
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Excellent work on the Cheetor.

You were right to be nervous about painting the spots. I know guys who have been painting for years (and paint GW models that would look good enough for a rule book) who are gun-shy about spots. (There is so much to go wrong when painting them.)
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Dominic wrote:Excellent work on the Cheetor.
Thanks!
You were right to be nervous about painting the spots. I know guys who have been painting for years (and paint GW models that would look good enough for a rule book) who are gun-shy about spots. (There is so much to go wrong when painting them.)
Yeah, exactly. I pulled up some screenshots to try help me as sort of a guide, but that only gets you so far with the painting itself.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Again, you did a bang up job. The spots are consistent throughout which really adds to the figure visually. That said, I'd be interested to see any other custom work you've done.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Shockwave wrote:That said, I'd be interested to see any other custom work you've done.
Well I do have some movie figures and a few other Beast Wars figures that I touched up a few years ago. I guess I could take some pictures of them when I get the chance.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Sparky Prime wrote:
Shockwave wrote:That said, I'd be interested to see any other custom work you've done.
Well I do have some movie figures and a few other Beast Wars figures that I touched up a few years ago. I guess I could take some pictures of them when I get the chance.
I'd definitely be interested.