Feedback thread

Buying and trading on the open robot market! Optimus Prime might call this slavery, but he's never had to track down Energon Ultra Magnus before.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Feedback thread

Post by Shockwave »

damn. That is an epic level of fucktitude. The only thing I've noticed with paypal is that when you use the gift option it doesn't charge the fees, buuuuuuut the downside is that it doesn't provide the payee's address info either. Which is bad if that's what you generally take your shipping info from. When I was doing a lot of bulk selling on the forums a few months ago I would often ask people not to use the gift option specifically so that I would have their addresses available.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Onslaught Six wrote:Paypal doesn't charge fees if you mark as a gift. Just FYI!
Huh, I didn't know that. It turns out that's only free if it's a bank account transfer, not a debit card. Still, I could have done that if I had known, it's not like we're really buyer-to-seller in this situation, we're all buddies here.
BWprowl wrote:Since when did Paypal start charging fees at all? I hadn't noticed.
Since forever ago. They've always charged fees to receive payments although now they make it possible to transact certain kinds of financial transfers for free as a non-sale (they didn't used to allow that before).

Onslaught Six wrote:Paypal charges fees if you are purchasing goods or services.

When you buy something off eBay, for example, let's say it's $15 and $5 shipping, so $20. Paypal takes a cut of that, because you're using the service for business shit and this is how they make money. Standard transaction fee is 2.9% + $0.30 USD. In other words, 30 cents, plus 2.9% of whatever you're sending. You send the seller $20, but Paypal takes out 58 cents (2.9%) and an additional 30 cents, so 88 cents. Not a big deal, less than a dollar, but think about how many eBay purchases are made in a day--and how many are, potentially, over $20.

For my IndieGoGo campaign I actually got doubly fucked. IndieGoGo takes 9% of every transaction to start with as a fee for using the service. If the campaign actually succeeds, they refund 4% back, so they take 5% in the end. (I didn't succeed, in the strictest sense, so I didn't get that 4% back.) The way it works is, you donated $25. Paypal takes 73 cents plus 30 cents for fees; that's $1.03 off the top. So I get $23.97. Then IndieGoGo takes their 9% out of my account, but it's not 9% of $23.97, it's of $25. So I pay IndieGoGo $2.25...and then Paypal takes the fee from my account on that, too, which is a measley 6 cents, but still. Six cents. Plus the thirty! So after all the fees and shit, I saw $21.36. Paypal and its fees can fuck you bad.
Ouch, that's harsh! That sounds worse than ebay fees stacked onto paypal fees stacked onto ebay fees.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

+2 (more) to Scourge for sending out a bunch of cool stuff, and then when a couple things were missed he made them good in a day. Awesome as ever, thanks again!
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

+1 (or 4) to Scourge, for hooking me up with a box of kickass toys for not too much cash. And shipping it super-fast, like a boss.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

+1 for Scourge. We resolved a sale this week.

Dom
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

I totally forgot a +1 for Scourge for a neato Prime Soundwave.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

+1 for Dom, one for Prowl, and another for JT for buying some of my stuff. Extra points for JT, who kicked me over a couple bucks to help with the shipping on a one of the toys that I hadn't sent out in the initial package.

Thanks for helping me get rid of some of my stuff, you guys.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

+1's for Ursus and O6 for giving me moneys for shit I was selling to 'em.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

And another +1 for JT, who just paid me for some stuff today.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

+1 to Scourge who promptly sent the box. Got my toys, woo! Damn, is GIgatron pretty.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.