QC warning re: Sunstreaker and Prowl

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
onslaught86

Re: QC warning re: Sunstreaker and Prowl

Post by onslaught86 »

Many G1 toys broke with ease, Gold Plastic Syndrome was a terrifying reality for years, some figures have simply been poorly designed at times (Think the original moulding of Movie Jazz's arms).. Rather than compare with past efforts, I'd be more inclined to say it's simply something they should've gotten past by now.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Dude, this kind of paint rot is not something that the industry has gotten past....because it was never an issue. How the hell does a toy company make this kind of mistake? Really, I am curious.

I have fond memories of various points in the hobby's history. I liked the creativity of early AEC. Beast Wars was a fun adventure in discovery. G1 had the novelty factor and a certain rough charm, along of course with the visceral thrill I had about being a kid when it came out.

I never once, even in my most absurdly sarcastic moments, thought I would be pining for the good old days when the paint on my toys would stay dry after I opened the packaging. I thought the paint situation got bad a few years back when I started seeing more smearing and the paint did not seem to resist chipping as well. But now, it looks like we can buy toys that have good paint only to have it get worse simply by sitting on our shelves.

So yeah, call me a toy hack, but I miss those sunshine filled and carefree days when the paint on toys would dry and stay that way.

Dom
-I swear, it is like some sick practical joke by Hasbro, just to see how much abuse we are willing to take.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

The thing is, this is a damn fine mold, otherwise. Also, isn't this just the earliest Prowls that have this issue?

Also, it's not really a line-wide thing. I wouldn't take it as indicative of any kinda QC trend unless this keeps happening.

I might have to get a Bluestreak now just to see if it's a recurring thing.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.