Transformers: Prime Bumblebee revealed

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Transformers: Prime Bumblebee revealed

Post by Onslaught Six »

http://www.tfviews.com/news/main/800

It's Movie-like, alright (which is why I put the thread here.) Who knows if the series will be in the Movieverse or not (or what its final name will even be), although one thing is clear: It's clearly not coming out until likely next year, being that we're still getting a huge new Bumblebee in the fall that doesn't look at all like this. And it's not based on War For Cybertron...although WfC might be a prequel. Who knows?
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
onslaught86

Re: Transformers: Prime Bumblebee revealed

Post by onslaught86 »

Heh, I just popped in to see whether anyone had noticed this yet.

I'm pleased they're going with the movie aesthetic for the show, to be honest. Animated tanked, I feel, because it didn't cater to the gigantic audience they just spent so much money creating.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

It doesn't help that the toys were kind of cruddy. This is nothing against the show nor the designs. The toys just plain weren't that good. And I figure if I only like one out of five figures, that's a pretty good indication that the line is crap.

And of course I saw. I posted the news. And then Tweeted about it like I did some sort of accomplishment. :P
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Well now, see, I gotta go ahead and disagree with you here. Yeeeeaaah. Nah, I liked the Animated toys. I can see where you're coming from with the just plum not caring for 'em, but I really enjoyed most of 'em. Which is probably why I wound up buying most of 'em. That and because I'm a sucker.

But anyway. Brand NewBee. Interesting look. It's hard to say based on just a lil' bit of the head and shoulders we can see there, but based on this first impression, I'd say that I rather like it. He looks sort of like a streamlined version of Movie 'Bee's design, but still has his own kind of design elements going on.

I am really curious about this show now. Just given this little bit of information to go on, I'm picturing a sort of transformer equivalent of "The Real Ghostbusters". I know it's just wishful thinking, but c'mon, how cool would that be?
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Well now, see, I gotta go ahead and disagree with you here. Yeeeeaaah.
Office Space? Har!

I like a good few of the Animated toys. It's probably on par with the movie lines for hit:miss ratio. Unfortunately, that's more damning than anything else. The main issue being that, simply, it didn't look like Live Action Transformers, and kids (Most likely) thought it was 'dumb and kiddie'. The packaging is pretty suck too, so that's not a helper.

Anyway, this 'Bee is Okay. It's going to inevitably lead to a whole pile of Moar Bumblebees that Look Like MooBee, which is not so great. Although my huge 'Bee display will disagree. Gah, why do I have so many 'Bees? I don't even like him that much. Would have preferred this be closer to that mix of G1 and Movie as shown in the Hasbro webisodes, but hey, I can dig. Now show us characters I actually care about.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Yes. Well, actually I mostly just hate Bumblebee now because AniBee is an asshole and is just generally unlikeable (They tried to make him kid-friendly and rambunctious, but he just comes off as a dick) and MooBee is the mute to end all mutes.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Nah, I'm cool with AniBee, he's basically Hot Shot with less leadership potential. It's just the MooBee design I'm sick of.

But I still want that new Deluxe MooBee with the nifty flippy arm weapons.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

onslaught86 wrote:Nah, I'm cool with AniBee, he's basically Hot Shot with less leadership potential. It's just the MooBee design I'm sick of.

But I still want that new Deluxe MooBee with the nifty flippy arm weapons.
I'll probably end up getting the one in that two-pack with Soundwave. Because I'm a sucker for mail-order Ravage. And patches.

Anyway, I'm pretty meh on this design. Like O6, maybe I'll care more when they reveal someone who Isn't Bumblebee.

PS I rather liked Animated Bumblebee. He only follows Bulkhead and Sentinel in terms of my favorite Autobots.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

That's just the same cruddy NewBee with rapeface and shoddy arms. 86 means the one they revealed at Toyfair, with the flippy axe arm and gunhand, and actual flippy facemask. I want it too, if only to replace the NewBee I already have.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

I don't care for it.

But first, let me say I think the Animated toys were pretty good, much more Transformers than the movie toys which are nearly all shellmasters and turn into weird, unrecognizable stuff. I didn't even watch the cartoon but I have 2 leaders, a few Voyagers, and a number of Deluxes.

Now, as for TF:Prime BB here, I think the design is uninspired. Yes, it has movie credibility, but that means an unexpressive face and weird kibble choices. I mean, look at this thing, wheels for shoulders? That's just different to be different, either that or he's a motorcycle-bot with door wings. :p But wheels for shoulders means no shoulder motors or actuators, thin connector pieces, it's unrealistic and silliness. IMO, this is the wrong direction entirely.

Good job posting it in the news though, O6! That was great work.

When we learn more about the show, I will create a forum just for it. If you guys think we should do it now, LMK.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?