Toy Fair Hasbro event going on now

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Toy Fair Hasbro event going on now

Post by JediTricks »

I couldn't make it this year, even though we were invited. But I am trying to post links to all the coverage out there that I can find. Since it started 34 minutes ago, I've found 2 pieces of live coverage already. Here's the updating article with the links:
http://www.tfviews.com/news/toysandcollectibles/744

So far, I'm excited to hear about Human Alliance Jazz!

There's my buddy Steve in one of Unicron.com's pics, Steve runs ActionFigs and SSG, the AF TF TF coverage :p will be going up in a little while.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: Toy Fair Hasbro event going on now

Post by JediTricks »

Holy crap, MP Grimlock is going to be a TRU-exclusive. Hasbro said last year it'd most likely be WM, with whom they have had what they felt was a good run with MP, but now... TRU? Pricey.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Aw man, we were invited to ToyFair? I'm sorry you couldn't go JT, that would've been awesome.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

"Transformers Generations" I think that is going to be the name of Classics 3.0. There's a Straxus figure, but it's named Darkmount on the slide. Could be a slideshow mistake, those happen.
BWprowl wrote:Aw man, we were invited to ToyFair? I'm sorry you couldn't go JT, that would've been awesome.
Yeah, we were invited, but as this is a non-profit site, I couldn't scrape up the cash to fly out and get lodging, and Dom hasn't posted enough news to get recognized to go as a rep of the site. But we'll hopefully be going next year.

Don't feel too bad for me, from my work with SSG, and for a time Figures.com, I had lots of opportunities and blew them all (work). I hate the cold anyway. ;)
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Yakface posted a slide with new scouts, Brimstone and Hubcap. Both look AWESOME! Hubcap is a 1920s coupe. Brimstone is a chopper motorcycle. Breacher and Insecticon look cool too.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

TFW2k5 is reporting "Straxus" didn't pass legal. WTF? No way it's due to a very minor Dr. Who character, how could anybody own that name now?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

TFW2k5 just posted pics, I updated the article. Minicon combiner Bruticus & Superion!!! War For Cybertron Bumblebee. Oh man, this stuff looks cool.
Mirage
Gestalt Combiner

Post by Mirage »

Straxus/Darkmount is probably most exciting to me so far. And yeah, looks like "Generations" is the new name for Classics/Universe.

The Power Core combiners still aren't exciting me all that much. At best, they look like decent new scouts with gimmick buddies. This goes for the 5-packs too now, since their limbs are now apparently drones without robot modes. I'm glad they found a new application for Mini-cons that doesn't involve them being out-of-scale earth-mode vehicles, this seems a lot closer to the use for which Mini-cons were originally portrayed.

Masterpiece Grimlock? Bring it on! :D And don't fret it not being a Wal-mart exclusive JT, they're overpricing their exclusives now just as much as Toys R Us. Look to this past year's holiday offerings.

Leader Class Bumblebee? Don't care.

New mold deluxe Bumblebee? Ditto. Getting kind of sick of Moviebee now.

Henkei Thrust... well, this is sure to be controversial. Glad people who can't afford Botcon exclusives or Japanese exclusives are finally going to get ahold of this character though.

Wow, there's sure a lot of new movie scouts aren't there...?
I disappear.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Holy balls, friggin' Straxus? Hasbro loves me.

As long as a Masterpiece Grimlock's released out here, I'm happy with it. I don't know if TRU's been that much more 'spensive than Wal-Mart lately. If it's cheaper than a bill-fifty, I'll take it and like it.

So, the five-packs are along the same lines as Energon Prime? That's disappointing.

I'm still flipping out over Straxus, really. If they can't keep the name, "Darkmount" is a decent substitute. He looks that much like comic Straxus, they can call him whatever they want and I'll get over it. Time to start hoping for a Scrounge again, I guess.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Straxus/whatever looks like a must-have. Same goes for Thrust and Drift. I'd love to have MP Grimlock, but it all depends on the final price.