First line where I got more Decepticons than Autobots

Some cartoon with big chins and a little girl that got beloved by fans and taken off TV to make way for a different show on another network. Yeah, that's fair.
JediTricks
Site Admin

First line where I got more Decepticons than Autobots

Post by JediTricks »

Totally unintentional, I guess their designs just appeal to me more. I didn't watch the show (though I wish I had in retrospect after seeing clips at Botcon this year) so in my collection the toys are there based solely on designs. With the TRU leader class sale on Friday, it really pushed my collection over that edge. Here's what I have now:

Activators Ratchet (pack-in with Sunstorm)
Activators Bumblebee (pack-in with Shockwave)
Prowl
Lockdown
Jazz
Oil Slick
Soundwave
Blurr
Swindle
Samurai Prowl
Sunstorm
Shockwave
Ultra Magnus
Megatron

That's 7 Decepticons to 6 Autobots, including the Activators that were merely pack-ins, but not including Samurai Prowl who replaced original Prowl in my lineup. And I've been eyeballing Lugnut recently, hoping I can get him on clearance. I gather Lockdown and Swindle aren't exactly Decepticons in the show, but they're 'cons in the toyline.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
andersonh1

Re: First line where I got more Decepticons than Autobots

Post by andersonh1 »

I could say the same thing, though in my case it's more for lack of collecting Animated figures.
- Blackarachnia
- Soundwave/Laserbeak
- Purple Shockwave
- activators Bumblebee (pack-in)
- Swoop

Not a big fan of the line, though I generally liked the show. Just not the designs.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

JediTricks wrote:That's 7 Decepticons to 6 Autobots, including the Activators that were merely pack-ins, but not including Samurai Prowl who replaced original Prowl in my lineup. And I've been eyeballing Lugnut recently, hoping I can get him on clearance. I gather Lugnut and Swindle aren't exactly Decepticons in the show, but they're 'cons in the toyline.
Swindle sort of is. He's got a 'con logo on him, anyway, but he's more striking out on his own. I can't imagine why you'd think that of Lugnut, though--he's insanely loyal to Megatron and thinks he's the greatest thing since Windows 95.

The show is worth watching. It's not great, and a few of the episodes drag on--especially the start of Season 3, to me--but all in all, s'good.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Onslaught Six wrote:
JediTricks wrote:That's 7 Decepticons to 6 Autobots, including the Activators that were merely pack-ins, but not including Samurai Prowl who replaced original Prowl in my lineup. And I've been eyeballing Lugnut recently, hoping I can get him on clearance. I gather Lugnut and Swindle aren't exactly Decepticons in the show, but they're 'cons in the toyline.
Swindle sort of is. He's got a 'con logo on him, anyway, but he's more striking out on his own. I can't imagine why you'd think that of Lugnut, though--he's insanely loyal to Megatron and thinks he's the greatest thing since Windows 95.

The show is worth watching. It's not great, and a few of the episodes drag on--especially the start of Season 3, to me--but all in all, s'good.
I meant to write "Lockdown", not "Lugnut". Lugnut was on my mind from wanting to buy him, I guess.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Ahh. Lockdown's character model in the show actually has 'a rubsign' on his chest, so take that for what it's worth.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Onslaught Six wrote:Ahh. Lockdown's character model in the show actually has 'a rubsign' on his chest, so take that for what it's worth.
HA! That's funny.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Sheesh, for my part, this is the line where I got...dang near the whole thing.

Autobots:

Ultra Magnus
Leader Bulkhead
Regular Bulkhead
Grimlock
Snarl
Swoop
Prowl
Samurai Prowl
Blurr
Wreck-Gar
Ratchet (times two, even!)
Activator Bumblebee
Activator Ratchet
Activator Cliffjumper
Activator Grimlock
Jazz
Cybertron Prime
...and Voyager Prime's on his way.

Then Decepticons:
Voyager Megatron
Sunstorm
Waspinator
Blitzwing
Lugnut
Lockdown
Blackarachnia
Purple Shockwave
Oil Slick
Soundwave
Activator Dirge
...and on their way, Leader Megatron and Swindle

I do not know how this happened, looking at 'em all listed like that. :shock: Cripes, I am nuts for this line.

Way more Autobots there, but since they made way more Autobots, there was no way around it.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
donosaur
Gestalt Combiner

Post by donosaur »

ooh lemme play:

Autobots:
Blurr
Bumblebee
Ratchet
Voyager Prime
Deluxe Battle Begins Prime or whatever
Sentinel Prime
Prowl
Samurai Prowl
Jazz
Snarl
Swoop

Cons:
Black Arachnia
Waspinator
Lockdown
Shockwave
Soundwave
Starscream
Oilslick

Interesting fact: if you count the Dinobots as cons or neutrals, following their portrayal on the show, I have an equal amount of each faction.
.................................................................................................................................................................... _,_,_..
...................................................................................................................................................................(..vvvvv
..................................................................................................................................................................(..../"/"
.........................................................................................................................................................(\.....(.....) )
......................................................................................................................................................... \ \../../hh hh
donosaur
Gestalt Combiner

Post by donosaur »

Also, how did I miss another dang Leader sale??? :( Ultra Magnus you elude me so
.................................................................................................................................................................... _,_,_..
...................................................................................................................................................................(..vvvvv
..................................................................................................................................................................(..../"/"
.........................................................................................................................................................(\.....(.....) )
......................................................................................................................................................... \ \../../hh hh
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Let's see:

Autobots:
Ratchet
Grimlock

Decepticons:
Shockwave
Blackarachnia
Lockdown

Well, that was easy.