I want Battle Blade Bumblebee and I don't know why.

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

I want Battle Blade Bumblebee and I don't know why.

Post by Onslaught Six »

Okay, I do know why--he's the best NewBee figure I've ever seen. He's got two kickass weapons! They both fold away! He's got the battle mask, and it folds up to have his head! He's got 'both grey and black on him,' which I think makes his robot bits stand out a lot more. He doesn't have the roof bits hanging off his arms. He's still got transluscent windows! And I can't tell but I think even his thighs are new. Maybe even his entire legs? He might be an 'entirely new figure' even.

...But I hate MooBee! He's almost everything that's wrong about the movies.

But I still want this toy.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
andersonh1

Re: I want Battle Blade Bumblebee and I don't know why.

Post by andersonh1 »

I like movie Bee, but he's just been overpromoted and over-figured. Still, it's not like I don't already have five variations of the figure (old Camaro, new Camaro, stealth BB, Cliffjumper, Legends old Camaro), so what's one more? I might have to check BBB out too.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I only own the original NewBee. Not even OldBee! He looked sucky.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

I've only got the regular and Stealth versions of the NewBee mold, though I might pick up a third if I wind up getting that NEST pack. I don't have any hate for MovieBee, and I feel like I might be overdue for a new Deluxe version, so I'll likely pick up Triple-B when I see him.

They really didn't need to make him though. After HA Bumblebee, they could've just stopped making Movie Bumblebee toys. They weren't going to get any better than that.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I tend to agree with Anderson. Movie BB is over-produced, but not inherently bad otherwise. I actually like Old-B a bit better than New-B though.

For the record:
-retro BB
-modern BB
-stealth BB
-Cliffjumper
-Legends modern BB
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I may have to check out this new version. I have oldbee and newbee (ROTF flavor). At one point I had those as well as Movie1newbee, Stealthbee, cliffjumper, cannonbee and HAbee. I kept 2 and sold the rest. And I really don't miss them. Especially cannonbee. Skip it, it sucks.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Muhhh. Terri is adamant that I will not own this Bee, because I have too many Bees. And I really kinda do. Despite not giving a crap about the movie character, I've amassed a ton of them.

- Legends OldBee
- Battle-damaged Legends OldBee
- Japanese OldBee
- NewBee
- Premium NewBee
- StealthBee
- UltimateBee
- Human Alliance Bee
- Clear Windows CannonBee

And I swear there's more.

Still, this one's axe and gun and new transformation intrigue. I'll buy him. Sale purchase, but I'm a sucker for awesome weapons. At least they're keeping it fresh-ish.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Hey, at least you avoided the Fast Action Battler Bees. Hell, I fell for one of those.

Of Movie 'Bee, all I've got right now is:
First Movie NewBee
Legends NewBee from that Target set...

Wow, and that's it. I sold OldBee and FABee, Legends OldBee, and the 'Bee mask from the first DVD. Still, with Animated and Classics Bumblebees figured in, I still have a decent swarm of 'em going.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Oh well if we're going to count movie and beyond then here's the complete list:

G1
G1 reissue keychain (x11)
G2
Titanium
Robot Heroes
Action Master
Classics (G1 Kmart)
Classics (2007 deluxe)
Animated
Movie1 OldBee
Movie1 NewBee
ROTF Bee
ROTF Legends (from that same Target two pack Scourge has)
WST Bee

There's probably others but that's all I can remember now.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

138 Scourge wrote:Still, with Animated and Classics Bumblebees figured in, I still have a decent swarm of 'em going.
I see what you did there.
Trekwave wrote:G1 reissue keychain (x11)
Jesus tits, what the hell?! How?!