Seaspray!

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Seaspray!

Post by 138 Scourge »

I couldn't find the thread where we were talking about him, but anyway. Here's a bunch of pics.

http://bbs.the-arker.com/dispbbs.asp?bo ... 739&page=1

I sorta like him, I dunno. Not a hundred percent sold, but most of the way there. I like the scuba fins, anyway.

Whatcha guys think?
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
onslaught86

Re: Seaspray!

Post by onslaught86 »

Looks pretty average, I blame this on the excessive white and gold instead of yellow. He doesn't really..look like Seaspray. The Sea-SP RAY thing is a bit naff too, should've just slapped Seaspray on his arms and run with it.

That said, I dig the scuba diver headsculpt, the flip-out flippers, harpoon gun, and nifty tilting head. I do think he'll be a buy, but I'm not as excited as I'd hoped to be for a giant new Seaspray.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Yeah, he looks cool, just not super-awesome like I was expecting. I like the build he has, and the flippers are win, but I'm with '86, he really needed that gold to be yellow, with more of it, to really make him pop. Still cool though, I like the translucent blue. Is it just me, or does the bio note on the box there make him sound like a villainous character. That, or they're just trying to make all TFs seem more 'hardcore' in time for the game to come out. Who's Crankstart?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I do not get an especially sinister vibe from Seaspray's profile.

He is effective at taking out unsuspecting opponents. What is wrong with that?

Crankstart might be an unannounced toy from a later wave. It is more common for one toy's packaging to reference another toy. Think of it as more aggressive cross-selling.

Dom
-might or might not get Seaspray.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I like the look, though it doesn't seem like the yellow is as prominent as I'd like. But I'll be picking the figure up.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I don't like him. I dunno if I dislike the concept, or if the figure just looks asstastic. Those forearms are huge and ugly.

Are we sure this is an Ultra? Everyone keeps saying it is, but the fact that the line is rebranded ROTF (which lacks Ultras to begin with) and Payload (the yellow Long Haul repaint) has been leaked as using this same packaging (and even has Seaspray as a cross-sell) seems to say Voyager. I do feel slightly more comfortable paying $20 than I would $25 for this. (Or, well, in objective terms. Voyagers *are* still more expensive than that, damn it all.) Then again, I never got Stratosphere and I liked the way he looked a lot.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

I wanna say that I've only heard Voyager, and not Ultra at all, but then, I could just be on crack. But yeah, I'm thinking Voyager.

I was flipping right out at first for giant Seaspray, but seeing what we were actually getting in-package made me a little less enthusiastic about the whole thing. But those other pictures, where he's in the swimming poses and like that? Those make me like him a bit more.

But yeah, he's definitely a "maybe", and not the "Oh, hell yeah buy on sight" that I thought he'd be.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Dominic wrote:I do not get an especially sinister vibe from Seaspray's profile.

He is effective at taking out unsuspecting opponents. What is wrong with that?
It's mainly the bit about leaving the beach a 'blasted wasteland'. That's the sort of destructive imagery usually reserved for Decepticon profiles.
donosaur
Gestalt Combiner

Post by donosaur »

Beachcomber must haaaaaate Seaspray
.................................................................................................................................................................... _,_,_..
...................................................................................................................................................................(..vvvvv
..................................................................................................................................................................(..../"/"
.........................................................................................................................................................(\.....(.....) )
......................................................................................................................................................... \ \../../hh hh
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Good catch Prowl. Hmm.....this guy is really not like G1 Seaspray. I guess he is a movie toy.

I am guessing that whoever wrote the profile liked the imagey of a coastal bombardment. Were it another character, it would work a bit better.

Dom
-of course, he is not hurting ocean life when blasting a coast.....