Toyfair RoTF figures.

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
SynjoDeonecros
Dinobot

Re: Toyfair RoTF figures.

Post by SynjoDeonecros »

*shrugs* It looks darker in places, which is good. It just looks sleeker and more pleasing to my eye than the movie model.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

I'm just impressed they kept the launchers, that's a surprisingly Ravagey Ravage.
SynjoDeonecros
Dinobot

Post by SynjoDeonecros »

Now with a clearer pic of the figure, he looks much better than the movie model. I especially love the cobalt blue touches; they really seem to pop out and make the figure much cooler. Still no word on what or if it can transform into, though, which sucks, though if the rumors about him being the Pretender Alice in the movie are true, the figure might have the same alt mode (it certainly looks like it can transform into a more bipedal humanoid form, from the hip structure and joints).

The only thing I don't like about it: the silver back legs. For some reason, it looks horrible against the sheer black of the rest of the body. Maybe if the silver was more evenly distributed like G1 Ravage, or it was limited to a highlight color like the cobalt blue, it would look better.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

SynjoDeonecros wrote:Still no word on what or if it can transform into, though, which sucks, though if the rumors about him being the Pretender Alice in the movie are true, the figure might have the same alt mode (it certainly looks like it can transform into a more bipedal humanoid form, from the hip structure and joints).
I've been seeing some pictures of people messing around with the figure, trying to figure out what he transforms into. Someone came up with what they called an "aquatic transformation". He's got little wings that pop out and he folds up... looks more like a flight mode of some sort to me but I guess he could use it to get out of the ocean as well.

The other pictures I've seen have him in transformed about half way with the wings out and hind legs extended all the way. Makes him look like a chicken...
SynjoDeonecros
Dinobot

Post by SynjoDeonecros »

Sparky Prime wrote:
SynjoDeonecros wrote:Still no word on what or if it can transform into, though, which sucks, though if the rumors about him being the Pretender Alice in the movie are true, the figure might have the same alt mode (it certainly looks like it can transform into a more bipedal humanoid form, from the hip structure and joints).
I've been seeing some pictures of people messing around with the figure, trying to figure out what he transforms into. Someone came up with what they called an "aquatic transformation". He's got little wings that pop out and he folds up... looks more like a flight mode of some sort to me but I guess he could use it to get out of the ocean as well.

The other pictures I've seen have him in transformed about half way with the wings out and hind legs extended all the way. Makes him look like a chicken...
You're right, it does look like a chicken. This...confuses me, though I may have a rather disturbing theory on the alt mode: perhaps they wanted to add in not only Ravage, but Laserbeak, as well, but didn't have the time or money for it, so they combined the two into RotF Ravage - the "chicken mode" may have bigger wings in the movie, giving it a more plausible flight mode. I don't necessarily like the idea, but it makes more sense than random chicken mode.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

TFW2005 has up images of the box for Ravage. It's a bit blurry but it calls his alt mode "Reentry Mode".
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Eh, the alt. mode's weak, but it beats Scorponok's robot mode. I prefer the evil chicken. Ravage will be a sale purchase for me, methinks, the complexity level just isn't there.
donosaur
Gestalt Combiner

Post by donosaur »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESEXh41BZDg

You guys do all watch Peaugh's vid reviews, right? I don't know how this guy gets everything so early, but it's how I learn about just about everything coming down the pipe
.................................................................................................................................................................... _,_,_..
...................................................................................................................................................................(..vvvvv
..................................................................................................................................................................(..../"/"
.........................................................................................................................................................(\.....(.....) )
......................................................................................................................................................... \ \../../hh hh
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

I don't watch them, intentionally avoid all video reviews. People mistransform things regularly, the images are grainy and out of focus, and I just find it..kind of wanky to listen to people drone on about how great they are and how great the toys they paid a ton to get early from the *nudge nudge wink wink totally not stolen* Chinese contacts. There's very little objective reviewing, it's always "This is awesome!" or "This isn't awesome, but it could be me mistransforming it because I'm not great at transforming toys intuitively!" When do you see people paying tons for a test shot and then telling people it's a sucky toy?

Of course, in part it's me being bitter that text reviews and falling by the wayside with today's on-demand internet culture, but I feel they're genuinely awful at the moment. It's better than the usual transformations from auctions, mind, at least these are fans.
donosaur
Gestalt Combiner

Post by donosaur »

Well I pretty much only watch the reviews this guy does, and for good reason. He's got good connections, seems to know a decent amount about each toy he's reviewing, and doesn't fool around with blather about how everything is sooooooo coooooooool. Also, the vids are all available in HD. HQ? Whatever, the good stuff. There are also no stupid opening theme musics or plugs or whatever else most idiots cram their video reviews full of. I find them most educational :)
.................................................................................................................................................................... _,_,_..
...................................................................................................................................................................(..vvvvv
..................................................................................................................................................................(..../"/"
.........................................................................................................................................................(\.....(.....) )
......................................................................................................................................................... \ \../../hh hh