ROTF teaser spot up

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Re: ROTF teaser spot up

Post by Dominic »

How many of the Decepticons hate organics to the point of being irrational about it though? In utilitarian terms, biological weapons might make more sense, as (barring some kind of corrosive effect), they would be less dangerous to TFs who used them, if a bit messy.

Dom
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

SynjoDeonecros wrote:(*coughAmishcough*)
I love making fun of the Amish on the Internet. They will never find out.
Dominic wrote:How many of the Decepticons hate organics to the point of being irrational about it though? In utilitarian terms, biological weapons might make more sense, as (barring some kind of corrosive effect), they would be less dangerous to TFs who used them, if a bit messy.
And now we're back to the argument about BW Megs killing all the humans. God dammit.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Not really. This is more of a question of hating somethign so much that you will not use it to solve the problem it causes you.

For example, G1 Shockwave or Ratbat would likely at least consider using biological weapons, (if they could be made cheaply), against humans. They were rational actors, and at the end of the day would be more concerned with solving a problem more than anything else. Guys like say, Skywarp, might not want to use them because they would be "yucky".

Dom
-notes that Decepticons were not above working with humans if the opportunity came up.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

G1 Megs always seemed more interested in outright enslaving the human race (And succeeded in at least one case) than destroying them, also. But this was likely because of TV standards of the time. Even though it 'does' make him slightly more interesting.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I think it was a question of using available resources, more than actually wanting to enslave humanity. (Megatron seemed willing to destroy the Earth more than once, when he thought it would have suited him to do so.)

As for TV standards, I recall a few episodes where it was strongly implied, if not explicitly depicted, that Decepticons were killing people. ("Megatron's Master Plan" and "More than Meets the Eye" come to mind here.)

Dom
SynjoDeonecros
Dinobot

Post by SynjoDeonecros »

One major thing that's bugging me with the Constructicons and Arcee robots is the fact that they're apparently being modeled after Beast Machines Thrust. Why did Bay choose to do that? Even by his Hellraiser-inspired-Rubix-Cube-By-Ginsu standards, they look really fugly and out of place.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Arcee looks pants, although I suspect and hope the combined form of the three bikes is a little more impressive than the one component we've seen thus far. Bigass Wheel Guy.. Wasn't sold to begin with, and we still need properly transformed pics, but he's grown on me an awful lot. I honestly suspect his leak and his featuring prominently in the teaser are not coincidences, and that this was designed to sell fans on the abstract factor.

I..I love Vehicons. I cannot view any Vehicon influence as a bad thing. Powerless to resist!

And, to be fair, looking like Thrust is a lot better than the compromises made for many other gestalt components.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I have wanted to see movie-style combiners, (either big 'un or little 'uns), since first seeing the movie look a few years back.

Dom
-likes the look of the movie, the music, the toys, and pretty much everything else, aside form the movies.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Incidentally, when Classics Devastator came out, 86 and I definitely thought he looked more like Movie Devastator should than Classics Dev might. The face and huge shoulderclaw thing helped.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

The full length trailer is online now at Yahoo!.