ROTF teaser spot up

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Re: ROTF teaser spot up

Post by Dominic »

It looks to be more of the same as the first movie. Lovely robot designs, and a few good action sequences. I am not optimistic about getting much else from this movie though. It will mostly be a child's play session.

So, any word on the Devastator toy?

Dom
-had a "Star Trek the Motion Picture" flashback owing to the trailers soundtrack. Beewowoowwwww.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Dominic wrote:So, any word on the Devastator toy?
We saw Big Wheel Guy, he looks to be a Mega/Voyager sized toy. Of course, nobody has yet transformed him right (even the attempts post-trailer suck) but he might be worth it.

There's a listing for a vague "Combiner" that costs 'a hundred bucks' in the listings we got, so that's probably a Dev giftset of some kind.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
donosaur
Gestalt Combiner

Post by donosaur »

also, if you watch the scene with the cool somersault transformation, you can see 3 robots chasing him in the background. I cannot tell who they are yet.
.................................................................................................................................................................... _,_,_..
...................................................................................................................................................................(..vvvvv
..................................................................................................................................................................(..../"/"
.........................................................................................................................................................(\.....(.....) )
......................................................................................................................................................... \ \../../hh hh
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

donosaur wrote:also, if you watch the scene with the cool somersault transformation, you can see 3 robots chasing him in the background. I cannot tell who they are yet.
Arcee.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Onslaught Six wrote:
donosaur wrote:also, if you watch the scene with the cool somersault transformation, you can see 3 robots chasing him in the background. I cannot tell who they are yet.
Arcee.
And the twins.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

No.

The twins are fat, and Arcee is three motorcycles who apparently have independent robot modes. I dunno either. Whatever.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Onslaught Six wrote:No.

The twins are fat, and Arcee is three motorcycles who apparently have independent robot modes. I dunno either. Whatever.
Hrm... Well watching it frame by frame on the high definition trailer from Apple's website, it does look like three motorcycle bots. Last I heard Arcee was supposed to be some sort of a combiner robot but I guess that doesn't rule out that each bike has it's own robot mode.

At any rate, this scene appears to match the descriptions of the Bethlehem Steel set, in which Arcee and the twins are supposed to be a part of.
SynjoDeonecros
Dinobot

Post by SynjoDeonecros »

I'm dwelling on how ugly Ravage looks (my roommate says he looks more like a wolf than a panther), the rumor that he uses biological weapons (um...what?), and my sneaky suspicion that he's gonna be the culmination of the Frenzy robot army that the news hinted at. Has it been confirmed whether or not he's "part of" Soundwave, or not?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

In fairness, biological weapons would make sense. (We are biological, but we use mechanical weapons.)

As for Arcee, as much as I hate female TFs, if she is a combiner ala AEC Perceptor, I will be happy.

Dom
SynjoDeonecros
Dinobot

Post by SynjoDeonecros »

I dunno; humans use mechanical weapons out of necessity, and even then, there are groups of people out there who have such a hatred towards electronics that they simply refuse to use them (*coughAmishcough*). I would think that, with the Decepticons' hatred for organics, they'd want to avoid "contaminating" themselves with biological weaponry.

Incidentally, when I heard that there was going to be a Pretender in the movie, I immediately thought Ravage was going to be it; it didn't make much sense to me for him to use biological weapons if he wasn't disguising himself as an organic.