Transformers Rise of the Beasts

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Transformers Rise of the Beasts

Post by Sparky Prime »

The next Transformers live action film was officially announced today...
TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE BEASTS TITLE AND FIRST OFFICIAL PLOT DETAILS CONFIRMED DURING PRODUCTION KICKOFF EVENT!

THE VIRTUAL EVENT FEATURED A CONVERSATION WITH DIRECTOR STEVEN CAPLE JR. AND PRODUCER LORENZO DI BONAVENTURA
WITH SPECIAL APPEARANCES BY STARS ANTHONY RAMOS AND DOMINIQUE FISHBACK

Returning to the action and spectacle that first captured moviegoers around the world 14 years ago with the original Transformers, Transformers: Rise of the Beasts will take audiences on a ‘90s globetrotting adventure and introduce the Maximals, Predacons, and Terrorcons to the existing battle on earth between Autobots and Decepticons. Directed by Steven Caple Jr. and starring Anthony Ramos and Dominique Fishback, the film arrives in theatres June 24, 2022.

TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE BEASTS IS IN THEATRES JUNE 24, 2022

Paramount Pictures and Skydance Present

In Association with Hasbro and New Republic Pictures

A Don Murphy/Tom DeSanto Production

A di Bonaventura Pictures Production

A Bay Films Production

“TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE BEASTS”

DIRECTED BY

Steven Caple Jr.

EXECUTIVE PRODUCED BY

Steven Spielberg, Brian Goldner, David Ellison, Dana Goldberg, Don Granger, Brian Oliver, Bradley J. Fischer, Valerii An

PRODUCED BY

Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Tom DeSanto & Don Murphy, Michael Bay, Mark Vahradian, Duncan Henderson

BASED ON

Hasbro’s Transformers™ Action Figures

STARRING

Anthony Ramos, Dominique Fishback

*CREDITS ARE NOT FINAL AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE*
TFW2005 also was at the event announcing the film and got some details on the plot...
Spoiler
This story continues the 2018 Bumblebee movie. Set in 1994.

But as always, the story is tied to human civilization. This time we have Incas. Their traditions and way of life is explored through Cybertronian eyes. Speaking on which…

Maximals and Predacons will be prominently featured in the movie. Also, we will see Terrorcons. Predacons and Terrorcons are not allies. Terrorcons are the main baddies. Predacons are reptilian in nature and are the enemies of the Maximals. Meanwhile, Terrorcons are a threat to them all, but more in opposition to the Autobots.

Optimus Prime is the lead character and his alt mode is an upgraded version of the G1 look from the Bumblebee movie. Think Bee Movie earth mode, with a gray torso, gray windshield flaps, and grey upper shoulder parts that lead into the smokestacks. Peter Cullen will once again resume his voice acting duties. This will show how Optimus becomes the leader he was in Bay movies. Why does he have connection to Earth, humans.

Bumblebee is a classic Camaro with off-road extensions. 2nd gen 70s camaro, raised, z/28 badging, external framing, chunky wheels, light bar on top a la Ratchet.

Mirage is a silver and blue Porche 911. His characterization is similar to AOE Crosshairs. Anti-Authority. Can transform into multiple types of vehicles. RE: Multi Vehicles – not sure if they were talking his history in brand or actually in this movie.

Arcee‘s robot mode is close to G1 and is a Ducati 916 motorcycle. Red with rose/pink and white highlights. Classic head. Ducati bike. Racing number on leg.

Nightbird is included as a Nissan GTR. She is also a Terrorcon. Purplish grey in color. She is a modernized version of the G1 character of the same name. Facemask with robo looking hood. Switched sides, allegiances are flexible.

Scourge is the leader of Terrocons and is a trophy hunter. Like Lockdown from AOE. When he kills, he rips the faction insignias and “tattoos” them into his body. 4 smokestacks on back, all smoking. Claw hand with electricity. Black/grey tone with orange pops. Not Black Convoy looking, but probably a truck due to smokestacks in art.

Airazor is a robotic bird. Rusty bird mode, steampunk esque. Silhouette is very real world bird, but plated/layered. Looks old, been here a bit. Blue glowing eyes.

Rhinox… well, needs no introduction. also very Rhino shaped, plated, also steampunk and rusty. Ironhide like, wants to use his horn. Again, looks old, like old metal, been here a bit.

Fans have seen Optimus Primal before. Remember the TLK CGI Concept art? Yep. But with much more fur. He’s the leader of the Maximals and is very protective of those who are under his protection. You don’t mess with Primal. Rusty under frame, looks like random patches of skin and fur layered on top. Like he’s been through some stuff. He is leader of Maximals, equal in stature to Prime.

Dominique Fishback – Elena – Researcher of artifacts, works at museum, boss keeps stealing her thunder.

Anthony Ramos – Noah – father figure to brother. Ex military. Trying to find his way, good with electronics, trying to get by. He was a Beast Wars guy. Name dropped characters.

Both from Brookyln, happy to mix the TF with their real life neighborhood.

Ramos – Got his license for this movie, how NY of him 🙂

Can’t answer if BW voice actors will be back, lots of smiles. Hopefully!

A lot of characters we haven’t seen yet. All the Maximals are hard to bring to screen. Rhinox wants to smash, but also brain of operation (shows a connection to original toon, good). How to actually try to disguise themselves.

Shooting in Peru for 6 weeks.

This is a spectacle story. Big action movie with deeper character story style from Bee movie. Combining the two. Key was, it’s not a small budget film, this is summer blockbuster level stuff.
andersonh1

Re: Transformers Rise of the Beasts

Post by andersonh1 »

Interesting choice to bring the Beast Wars characters into the live action series.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I'm in. I mean, what's the worst that'll happen? It'll suck? Pffft, I worked at Blockbuster for 4 1/2 years, trust me when I say that even the worst Transformers movie is still LOADS better than some of the crap I've seen. Besides, Bumblebee was way better than Dork of the Moon, Age of Extortion, or the Last Ripoff.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Ron Perlman to voice Optimus Primal.

"Perlman will voice Optimus Primal, leader of the Maximals and a brave and honorable warrior who is also captain (on TV, at least, we'll have to wait and see if this carries over into the movie) of the spaceship Axalon. His beast mode is a powerful gorilla. The actor is no stranger to the role – he voiced Primal on the animated series Transformers: Power Of The Primes."

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/new ... 57bzsQERqY
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Hrm... I didn't really care for Ron Perlman's portrayal of Primal in the Machinima Power Of The Primes. But then, that was a pretty bad series. I'm still surprised that they got actors like Perlman, Wil Wheaton and Mark Hamill. None of them were really used to their full potential in that show. Little disappointed they didn't get Garry Chalk. It would have been kinda cool to get the original voice of Optimus Primal and Optimus Prime together for this film. But I get why they'd cast Perlman. He should be able to deliver a good performance.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

I'm in for a sequel to Bumblebee. That's the only Bayformers movie that I actually liked.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Perlman is a big ol' nope for me, I love the guy but his voice work is all wrong for Optimus Primal, it's all low and heavy emotions.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Everything about this is making it look like an easy skip.

Looks like I will be skipping most of next year's product, and a good chunk of '23. Hopefully, it does not drag the comics down.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Dominic wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:28 pm Hopefully, it does not drag the comics down.
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

This will set a precedent for the beast characters already being on Earth when the Autobots and Decepticons show up, so... yeah, that could very well show up in the comics as well. I liked it better in the previous continuity where they were just there on Cybertron.