Hasbro movie universe

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: Hasbro movie universe

Post by JediTricks »

It was PG-13 for violence and light gore, millions of people are murdered. It felt at first blush like a film many parents wouldn't let their kid see, like it was made for a late teen crowd.

Oh, there's no question that the MCU is driving the HMU and the DCMU, the LEGO Movie Universe, the Universal Movie Monster Shared Universe, the Star Wars spin-off Cinematic Universe, and the Fox X-men Cinematic Universe. Ugh. So far, only the MCU has been successful tho.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Bayformers also has p!entry of barely off-screen deaths. That goes over with kids.

Star Wars has plenty of by-standers die. (Alderaan, anyone who did not make it off Cloud City, all those nice people on Naboo who died during the embargo...)
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Dominic wrote:Bayformers also has p!entry of barely off-screen deaths. That goes over with kids.
Bayformers = NOT FOR KIDS
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Dom's right though. I also know plenty of parents that let their kids who are under 13 see Bayformers, and those kids loved them.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Sparky Prime wrote:Dom's right though. I also know plenty of parents that let their kids who are under 13 see Bayformers, and those kids loved them.
That's anecdotal though, not empirical. So you guys know a handful of less-than-discerning parents, the vast majority of kids weren't the audience on this series.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

JediTricks wrote:That's anecdotal though, not empirical. So you guys know a handful of less-than-discerning parents, the vast majority of kids weren't the audience on this series.
Unless you've actually got some sort of evidence to back up that claim Jedi, your argument isn't empirical either. I think a lot more kids saw Bayformers than you realize.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Most parents aren't discerning about anything that isn't rated R, especially if it's tied to a comic or toy franchise.

Also, this last Halloween I met an 8 year old who wanted to be Deadpool. So. Yeah.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

Onslaught Six wrote:Most parents aren't discerning about anything that isn't rated R, especially if it's tied to a comic or toy franchise.

Also, this last Halloween I met an 8 year old who wanted to be Deadpool. So. Yeah.
When I was ten I went as Albert Fish for Halloween. This year I was Guy Fieri. I don't know which was worse.