I think doing several newer TF Movies each year,is a mistake

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: I think doing several newer TF Movies each year,is a mis

Post by Sparky Prime »

JediTricks wrote:Man, Hasbro is putting so many eggs into this cinematic basket, despite only Transformers being a real success and not thanks remotely to the writers-room premise. I guess everybody wants to be the next Marvel. Taking the helmer off your biggest franchise before he's even written the movie is... daring.
It does seem odd that they'd take their head writer off the project to work on two other franchises before they've finished working on that project... But then, that's the advantage to having gone with this writers-room concept. They've already planned out what they want to do with the Transformers franchise for the next several films thanks to the writers-room sessions they've had. And the writers they're in talks with to do Transformers 5 instead, Art Marcum, Matt Holloway and Ken Nolan, were all part of the Transformers writers-room, so they're already familiar with those plans and helped create them.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Onslaught Six wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma5cWzsZyDw Relevant.
Oh dude, Max Landis has zero credibility, especially this weekend with yet another movie flopping at the box office and with critics. How many ways can Max Landis blame audiences, the studio system, the director, the actors, and critics for his own failures as someone who got their job via nepotism and has done nothing positive with that? Screenwriters must accept some measure of criticism if they are to analyze their work because clearly when they don't they don't learn to grow and fix mistakes, they become this guy, someone who is too close to their written word, views that work as too precious, with no understanding of a screenplay's responsibility to its film: that it must bear some of the weight as a movie even before it gets produced. Chronicle there was another writer, everything Landis has done since hasn't resonated with anybody. Look at the RedLetterMedia interview he did last week, he just rambles and whines endlessly as he sheds all responsibility for his shortcomings, look at their faces as they realize that their twitter feud ends in an empowered fanboy talking out of his ass with no substance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR-Dry8Qb4A
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Landis' cowriter on Chronicle was...director Josh Trank, who originated the story for his Fantastic Four reboot that everyone in the world agreed is terrible. So there's half your argument in the trash.

Secondly, the entire point of the video is that tons can change between the script and the final movie. Look at TF2007, a script I have actually read and a movie we've all actually seen. Yeah, a lot of the story beats are there, but then a lot of the dialogue is changed, things get moved around, and all sorts of crap happens. Plot holes get created from scenes getting deleted from a script or even after they're shot. We all know this, but the important thing is that you keep it in mind when assigning blame--you can't blame a screenwriter for the director or editor chopping out a huge character development scene.

It doesn't matter how good or bad these writers in this room are. If the directors suck--or worse, are Michael Bay--it'll turn out like shit.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.