Confirmed - Michael Bay Not Directing Transformers 5

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Re: Confirmed - Michael Bay Not Directing Transformers 5

Post by BWprowl »

Onslaught Six wrote:Of course, if you let James Roberts script it, we're already halfway there...
I think the execs would want a movie with transforming and action in it rather than robots just standing around talking in-jokes at each other for two hours. That can make for okay reading, not so much a summer flick.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

BWprowl wrote:
Onslaught Six wrote:Of course, if you let James Roberts script it, we're already halfway there...
I think the execs would want a movie with transforming and action in it rather than robots just standing around talking in-jokes at each other for two hours. That can make for okay reading, not so much a summer flick.
Yeah, we need action, not two hours of witty banter. :lol:
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Bay is a producer, he's getting paid either way. They're not going to get a good director to do this though, they're going to get someone young and cheap and probably someone Paramount has worked with before on something budget so the studio can control him (it won't be a "her", I guarantee you), and probably someone who has done TV instead of movies. It'll be a Jon M. Chu type, or maybe Stephen Somers (whom I know doesn't entirely fit my profile, but he's been basically leading up to this for a while). And it'll suck.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Chu's Joe film at least had heart to it. It was a GI Joe movie, with all the pitfalls that that may entail. It also had a shitty final edit, the extended version was much better; it didn't just add a bunch of pointless shit, it added in connective tissue that the theatrical release was completely missing.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

I'm not bashing Chu's film, I gave it a 7/10 on IMDB when I saw it in Laser 3D, but it's not a home run either, you can feel studio interference on several levels, not the least of which are the final edits and the 3D conversion delay. I'm saying it'll suck because the powers that be will be too protective of their billion-dollar franchise to let that person actually MAKE their movie.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Don't think Hasbro is going to put a inferior director on purpose on the TF5 or beyond, As each movie almost makes almost 1billion world wide.

Think Steven Spielberg stands a great chance of directing TF5, As he's been Micheal bay's boss on TF1,TF2,TF3 & TF4.

Yeah I'm also guessing that Micheal bay will still play some role of being involved in future Live action TF movies.

Think Micheal Bay hinted that the CGI company that gets used for these TF movies, Belongs and is owned by Micheal bay. So Hasbro might ask to use the same CGI company regardless if Micheal directs future TF movies or not.

With clashing directors ego's, It's debattable if a new director will want to keep things the same or revamp it to the extreme. Thinking this will cause years upon years of TF5 delays. Until finally Hasbro caves in and reboots the live action TF movie francise. most likely not doing TF5 but doing a reboot starting from 1.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:Think Steven Spielberg stands a great chance of directing TF5, As he's been Micheal bay's boss on TF1,TF2,TF3 & TF4.
Spielberg is just one of the executive producers of the TF film franchise, alongside Michael Bay, Brain Goldner and Mark Vahradian.
Think Micheal Bay hinted that the CGI company that gets used for these TF movies, Belongs and is owned by Micheal bay. So Hasbro might ask to use the same CGI company regardless if Micheal directs future TF movies or not.
Bay doesn't own or really has anything to do with Industrial Light & Magic or Digital Domain. Those companies are contracted by the movie studio to do the special effects.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

So to bring up this old topic again, obviously Michael Bay did return to direct TF5. Now he's saying he will not be returning to direct Transformers 6. Become a tradition for him I guess. Believe it when it actually happens.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

It's almost like he has no integrity, but how could that be? :p