Wish the one step-quick change toys were fully articulated.

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Wish the one step-quick change toys were fully articulated.

Post by Tigermegatron »

I don't mind newer TF toys that have easier transformations. As I liked the G-1, G-2 & AEC toys.

What I don't like is how Hasbro took away most of the Articulation for the TF4 AOE one step/Quick change toys. Had that gigantinc 18 to 22 inch Stomp & chomp Grimlock toy had a fully articulated robot mode, I would have easily bought it. Would have liked those $15 to $20 Leader sized One step changers to have fully articulated robot modes.

I actually bought the $15 to $20 Leader sized Lockdown Quick change toy. Because I wanted a Lockdown toy to be the same size as AOE Leader sized Grimlock & AOE Leader sized Optimus.

My preferred transformation level is Medium. Not too simple, not too hard.

I just think Hasbro is making another mistake going back to the brick-former, less articulation TF toy Era of G-1 & Armada.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: Wish the one step-quick change toys were fully articulat

Post by JediTricks »

Adding joints causes the figures to be difficult to quick-change, and also adds expense. The Power Attackers have more articulation but aren't simple to transform, they're just kinda bad at all of that.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

How inarticulate are these things? Jumpstarter or Battlecharger?

I thought the Activators had a good balance of easy transformation and good figure going on. But then, of course, they were a lot smaller.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

138 Scourge wrote:How inarticulate are these things? Jumpstarter or Battlecharger?

I thought the Activators had a good balance of easy transformation and good figure going on. But then, of course, they were a lot smaller.
Jumpstarter.

And yeah, Activators were way, way better than this, but the sculpting is more detailed on the AOE One Step Changers. Jumpstarters aren't actually that much smaller, as the One Step Changers are halfway between Basic and Deluxe sizes. But the intent with 1-step is that they can quickly change back and forth, while Activators require a little more effort getting back to alt mode because they're more complex.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?