Think Hasbro needed to create a Leader sized Lockdown toy

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Think Hasbro needed to create a Leader sized Lockdown toy

Post by Tigermegatron »

Think Hasbro needed to create a Leader sized Lockdown car-bot toy.

Instead of creating those Three leader sized AOE Optimus Prime toys, One-First edition was enough,no need for Two more. AOE leader sized Grimlock is a awesome toy.

I realize some who love smalls TF toys and dislike bigs TF toys are gonna hate all over this thread.

My reasoning for the belated request that is probably way too late for Hasbro to create since the AOE toy line is short & will probably get phased out before 2014 ends. Is that AOE Lockdown is the same exact scale in Robot mode as Optimus in Robot mode. We've got a few AOE Leader sized Optimus Prime toys.

Think a AOE Generations complex Leader sized toy for Lockdown would have sold fairly well. Especially if Hasbro dressed it up like those Alternators/Human Alliance toys with realistic car interior seats,steering wheel, dash board, stick shift,side mirrors,liscense plate. Light up led eye face cover that reveals the humanoid looking face underneath it. super poseable,highly detailed. Add some light up head lights,light up lights on the robot chest. do the gun-face gimmick where the gun is hidden inside the chest then folds up on the face to create the gun-face.

I know some are going to say but cars-bots should only be deluxe size & below. Need I point everyone to the Leader sized & ultimate sized Movie verse Bumblebee toys. At least doing a AOE Leader sized Lockdown robot that transforms into that Liscensed Sports cars won't be deemed oversized like those bigger movie verse bumblebee toys were. Because AOE lockdowns robot mode was a bit bigger than optimus robot mode in the AOE movie.

Currently I got that pathetic AOE Flip & Change Lockdown toy that has almost no articulation but is leader sized in robot mode. the toy is a loose floppy mess. the auto-transform gimmick doesn't work as good/smooth/fast as the 1996 Beast Wars basics auto-transform gimmicks toys. I needed to back this toy up against a display shelf wall in order to get it to stand up without falling down in robot mode. Wish I had some customizing/kitbashing Skills to ripp apart the flip changer toy & give it a super poseable robot mode that can also transform into that car but I don't. I have mild level custom skills at best.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Re: Think Hasbro needed to create a Leader sized Lockdown to

Post by Almighty Unicron »

The lack of many decepticons makes me think Hasbro has it in their head that villain toys don't sell. I mean even Megatron in DotM didn't get a leader sized toy. They'd probably see it as a waste of resources.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

There hasn't been a bot with a car alt-mode that's gotten larger than a voyager-class since Cybertron's Megatron figure. And the only car larger than a deluxe since then has been Springer in the main line, and the Human Alliance bots.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

JediTricks wrote:There hasn't been a bot with a car alt-mode that's gotten larger than a voyager-class since Cybertron's Megatron figure. And the only car larger than a deluxe since then has been Springer in the main line, and the Human Alliance bots.
There have been a couple larger scaled car bots since then actually... the 2007 Ultimate Bumblebee, DOTM Leader Class Bumblebee, and DOTM Leader Class Ironhide.

Anyway, I dunno that I'd say Lockdown needs a Leader class figure, but I would say I don't think the versions of him they've made does him justice. It would have been nice to see him as a Voyager or a Human Alliance figure.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Ugh, Bumblebee, I forgot about that shit. Doesn't really count IMO because it's not meant to be anything other than sucker-fodder, it doesn't add to the line.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?