AOE movie reviews

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: AOE movie reviews

Post by Sparky Prime »

Almighty Unicron wrote:but the weird gunblade he carries around looks extremely far from ergonomic. What transformer would design a weapon like that?
Maybe it was a confiscated weapon from one of Lockdown's alien prisoners on his ship rather than Cybertronian?
I'm still really, really pissed by the lack of decepticon figures in the toyline, but I'm also a bit miffed that Drift's fig isn't a triple changer like he is in the film- even though his robot mode doesn't have many helicopter parts, making me think it was a late addition.
Yeah, I'm surprised how small the AOE toyline seems to be. It would be nice to see a few more of the human constructed Transformer figures. I was also really surprised to see Drift was a triple changer in the film. I think the swords on his back may have been ment to elude to the blades of his helicopter form, but yeah, I don't think his robot mode reflected that as well as it could have. Little disappointed they didn't reference his past as a Decepticon, but at least he got some characterization.
EDIT: Oh, also: how can bumblebee scan a random yellow Camaro and get an all new body but he can't fix his fucking voicebox?
That happened in the first film too... Although it was interesting to see Optimus seemed to repair all of his battle damage when he scanned a new form in this film. I guess they've decided to keep Bumblebee's voice problems a permanent gimmick for the character in the films...
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Just got back from seeing it. It was 3 hours long- it really could've been pared down to one hour. It felt to me like it went through massive script rewrites that added too many plot lines. Galvatron and his army could've been hinted at with lockdown and his crew forming a much more cohesive story.
I would argue that it did not get enough re-writes. But, yes, the movie was on the long side. But, as I said above, the length was not so bad. The fact it was disjointed was. (Why did the Dinobots get so much screen time?)

the weird gunblade he carries around looks extremely far from ergonomic.
Cybertronian tech needs to be OSHA compliant.

EDIT: Oh, also: how can bumblebee scan a random yellow Camaro and get an all new body but he can't fix his fucking voicebox?
Same way that Optimus can scan a truck, clearly lose mass and still be magically healed by having a new alternate mode.

Speculation
Spoiler
Anybody else thinking that the "creators" mentioned in the movie might be Unicron *and* Primus? Bay might play them as two sides of the same coin, similar to how they were handled in the UT. The organic aliens at the beginning might be Quintessons working as servants of the "creators". I dunno. Just a thought.

Are there any post-credit stingers? None at the movie house I saw it at. But, I have heard reports to the contrary.
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Post by Mako Crab »

Dominic wrote:
Same way that Optimus can scan a truck, clearly lose mass and still be magically healed by having a new alternate mode.
Yeah, that part didn't make any sense to me. One minute he's a walking wreck, been shot to hell and back, coughing up rust, literally falling apart, and they even say that he needs to find the other Autobots so he can get repaired.

But then he just picks up a new alt-mode and he's perfectly fine. Oooo-kay?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Dominic wrote:Are there any post-credit stingers? None at the movie house I saw it at. But, I have heard reports to the contrary.
I didn't see any. I checked some threads on TFW2005 after I saw the film Friday and they were saying they didn't see any extra scene's either.
Speculation
Spoiler
Anybody else thinking that the "creators" mentioned in the movie might be Unicron *and* Primus? Bay might play them as two sides of the same coin, similar to how they were handled in the UT. The organic aliens at the beginning might be Quintessons working as servants of the "creators". I dunno. Just a thought.
Personally, I'm thinking
Spoiler
the "Creators" refers to the Quintessons given their history in G1 having once enslaved the Transformers.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Mako Crab wrote:
Dominic wrote:
Yeah, that part didn't make any sense to me. One minute he's a walking wreck, been shot to hell and back, coughing up rust, literally falling apart, and they even say that he needs to find the other Autobots so he can get repaired.

In the TFP-BH cartoon series, Ratchet mentions why it was hard for him to fix Bumblebee's voice box.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

Tigermegatron wrote:
Mako Crab wrote:
Dominic wrote:

In the TFP-BH cartoon series, Ratchet mentions why it was hard for him to fix Bumblebee's voice box.
Different continuities.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Their seems to be a lot of deleted half baked ideas and cut plots in this movie. Perhaps even key scenes got deleted so the film wouldn't be that long. Wondering if some of these scenes will get added back in for the Blue Ray or Dvd release.

That T-rex with the Metal teeth that older blond woman saw in that icy region of the earth. Think that was suspose to be Grimlock trapped in the ice for miilions of years probably along with his fellow dinobots. Later on in the film that older woman mentions she wants to go back and further investigate. Think the older woman was suspose to go back with Cade Yeager,his daughter and boyfriend. This seems like how the Dinobots were going to get introduced into the film by Optimus and crew rescuing them. Perhaps the Matrix was going to awaken them like it did sentinel maximus.

That T-Rex on Lockdown's prision ship looked an awful lot like the Frozen metal T-Rex that older blond woman saw trapped in the ice. Thinking there was a deleted or cut scene that had Lockdown capture the inactive frozen dinobots in that icy area where that older blond woman found them.

Think that older blond woman was initially suspose to get a much bigger part than she ended up getting. Seemed like that older blond woman & cade yeager were suspose to seriously interract with each other,get intimate & fall in love.

That sports car that shane dyson-boy friend drives seems like it was suspose to be a Autobot Transformer in disguise. As the sports car received very little damage while doing all those crazy stunts while shane was driving it in the movie. At some point Shane even mentions he's not doing all the driving, the cars got a mind of its own,i'm really not that great of a driver it's all the car.

Don't know what was going on with Megatron/Galvatron. While he played second banana in ROTF & DOTM. It sure seemed like initially Galvatron in AOE was suspose to get a much bigger role than what he got.

Think Shane Dyson's-Boyfriend role as a race car driver role was suspose to get more exspansion in the first quarter of the movie. Possibly Even have Shane's Transformer car being shown driving in a official race car race alongside the DOTM Wreckers.

Saw over a dozen Decepticons Space ships in space over the earth & then attacking earth in those AOE Movie commericials trailers. Only saw one big decepticon space ship that belonged to lockdown in the AOE movie. seemed like these extra ships were cut/deleted from the AOE movie to make it not that long of a movie.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

It appeared there was a lot of alternate universe versions of previous TF human characters in this AOE movie.

Mark Wahlberg/Cade Yeager seemed like he was playing a alternate TF universe of 1980's TF human character Sparkplug.

Fraiser/Harold Attinger in AOE seemed like he was playing a Alternate TF universe role of Marvel TF G-1 comics G.B Blackrock.

Stanley tucci-Joshua Joyce,seemed like he was playing a Alternate TF universe role of the 2009 TF Animated cartoon series human character Isaac Sumdac
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:That T-rex with the Metal teeth that older blond woman saw in that icy region of the earth. Think that was suspose to be Grimlock trapped in the ice for miilions of years probably along with his fellow dinobots. Later on in the film that older woman mentions she wants to go back and further investigate. Think the older woman was suspose to go back with Cade Yeager,his daughter and boyfriend. This seems like how the Dinobots were going to get introduced into the film by Optimus and crew rescuing them. Perhaps the Matrix was going to awaken them like it did sentinel maximus.
I'm pretty sure that dinosaur was just a regular dinosaur that got turned into Transformium. That seemed to be why Darcy was so concerned about the discovery of that dinosaur and tried to convince Stanley Tucci's character to rethink their plans, realizing how dangerous the Seed could be.
That T-Rex on Lockdown's prision ship looked an awful lot like the Frozen metal T-Rex that older blond woman saw trapped in the ice. Thinking there was a deleted or cut scene that had Lockdown capture the inactive frozen dinobots in that icy area where that older blond woman found them.
Lockdown had mentioned he spent centuries collecting the Knights, which Optimus refers to the Dinobots as (and concept art reveals them to be "Black Knights"). Given he says Optimus was the last Knight he needed to collect, I think he must have captured the Dinobots on another planet. Actually, Lockdown's saying his ship being the Knights Termenos, that once belonged to the Knights, might suggest it had been the Dinobots ship.

Not sure why he had the dinosaur on his ship, but given he had an agreement to help with the Transformium project in exchange for help capturing Prime, perhaps he was helping them move it.
That sports car that shane dyson-boy friend drives seems like it was suspose to be a Autobot Transformer in disguise. As the sports car received very little damage while doing all those crazy stunts while shane was driving it in the movie. At some point Shane even mentions he's not doing all the driving, the cars got a mind of its own,i'm really not that great of a driver it's all the car.
As I recall, Shane was saying he usually doesn't drive that well, not that he wasn't doing all the driving. Seemed to me like they were just calling out the cheat movies so often have with normal people somehow being able to drive like professionally trained stunt men. Although being a rally car driver who apparently likes to do crazy stunts, doesn't seem like that much of a stretch.
Saw over a dozen Decepticons Space ships in space over the earth & then attacking earth in those AOE Movie commericials trailers. Only saw one big decepticon space ship that belonged to lockdown in the AOE movie. seemed like these extra ships were cut/deleted from the AOE movie to make it not that long of a movie.
You mean the snail looking ships? Those were shown at the very beginning of the film, using the Seed on pre-historic Earth to turn some dinosaurs and landscape into Transformium to harvest, suggesting those ships belonged to the "Creators".
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

If the knights/dinobots were collected on another world, why do they have earth animal altmodes? They were probably collected in Earth's past. It's not like Earth hasn't been repeatedly meddled with by the TFs in this continuity, such as The Fallen with Egypt.