TFviews Botcon Photos (all lines, not just AOE)

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
JediTricks
Site Admin

TFviews Botcon Photos (all lines, not just AOE)

Post by JediTricks »

Well, I got a chance to get my initial photos in at Botcon today, and shot everything new from Hasbro's display:

http://www.tfviews.com/news/main/1921

The Comic-Con exclusives may be expensive, but they look damned good with that packaging.

The AOE: Robots in Disguise heading is what Hasbro calls all the kids toys, like Power Battlers and Flip & Change. There was no name plate for the giant Grimlock, it's really impressive though.

I was able to control myself and not buy anything... barely.

There will be new product put out either Saturday after the panel, or Sunday morning, so I'll be updating then. I'm also going to try to do a write-up of the Hasbro panel and maybe the IDW panels.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
andersonh1

Re: TFviews Botcon Photos (all lines, not just AOE)

Post by andersonh1 »

Thanks for posting the coverage. I still remember the two times I went to Botcon just drooling at the upcoming figures in the glass cases. They looked so pristine and awesome.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Thanks for providing the pics & info.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Sure thing.

Saturday images are up, same link, it's been updated with the new Generations stuff, excellent, and the new movie stuff which is I think exclusively kids line stuff plus a couple repaint multipacks, but some of the Power Battlers actually looked fairly decent.

I'll have the hasbro panel write-up done either tomorrow night or Tuesday.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

So the entire AoE line has two fucking decepticons?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Almighty Unicron wrote:So the entire AoE movie has two fucking decepticons?
Fixed that for you.

So far, we know of Lockdown, Galvatron and Stinger, the red robot with the dumb nanite transforming. I'm also assuming there's going to be a pissload of generic "Protoforms" that show up with Lockdown. Drift is also rumoured to be a "former Decepticon" and the more and more I see it, the more I'm thinking he is also human-created and switches sides mid-way through the film, changing from helicopter to car form when he does so.

It's obvious to me now that the TF4 plot does not necessarily revolve around "Autobots vs Decepticons" traditionally. Lockdown (and any of his crew) would be the most traditional Decepticons we have, with Galvy and Stinger (confirmed to be human-built) being stand-ins without actually being "Decepticons" (unless Galvy has memories of being Megatron).

The first third of the movie obviously focuses on human-filled drama with Wahlberg's family and the obvious "Government hunting Autobots" plot from the trailers. The second half is going to open up into two plotlines: The government creating/using their own created TFs to hunt down (and likely) capture one or more Autobots--Ratchet and Bumblebee, if I were to guess. Prime will go to China to find the Dinobots, who will become the Autobots' primary antagonist for this section of the film as they try to "tame" or recruit them. Then they finally reach an agreement and ride into battle to fight Lockdown and the now totally-sentient-and-hellbent-on-world-domination Galvatron.

Oh, and it turns out that Wahlberg's son (the race car driver) is totally driving Crosshairs the whole time
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Onslaught Six wrote:
Almighty Unicron wrote:So the entire AoE movie has two fucking decepticons?
Fixed that for you.

So far, we know of Lockdown, Galvatron and Stinger, the red robot with the dumb nanite transforming. I'm also assuming there's going to be a pissload of generic "Protoforms" that show up with Lockdown. Drift is also rumoured to be a "former Decepticon" and the more and more I see it, the more I'm thinking he is also human-created and switches sides mid-way through the film, changing from helicopter to car form when he does so.

It's obvious to me now that the TF4 plot does not necessarily revolve around "Autobots vs Decepticons" traditionally. Lockdown (and any of his crew) would be the most traditional Decepticons we have, with Galvy and Stinger (confirmed to be human-built) being stand-ins without actually being "Decepticons" (unless Galvy has memories of being Megatron).

The first third of the movie obviously focuses on human-filled drama with Wahlberg's family and the obvious "Government hunting Autobots" plot from the trailers. The second half is going to open up into two plotlines: The government creating/using their own created TFs to hunt down (and likely) capture one or more Autobots--Ratchet and Bumblebee, if I were to guess. Prime will go to China to find the Dinobots, who will become the Autobots' primary antagonist for this section of the film as they try to "tame" or recruit them. Then they finally reach an agreement and ride into battle to fight Lockdown and the now totally-sentient-and-hellbent-on-world-domination Galvatron.

Oh, and it turns out that Wahlberg's son (the race car driver) is totally driving Crosshairs the whole time
There's another Decepticon in the AOE Movie and toy line. It is Decepticon Steeljaw, It's rumored to be Lockdown's dog/wolf that he uses to hunts down his enemies/bounties.

A few of the AOE Trailers that were shown on TV and the internet showed a lion/wolf like beast. Most fans assumed it was Dinobot Slug, But it had no dinosaur horns. here's a AOE toy pic of Flip changer Decepticon Steeljaw from botcon 2014: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... rs-180464/
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Okay, so add one more. There's also rumours that Lockdown will have a few more guys and I'd assume so--one interview with Bay I read said that there were "18 new robots in this one plus new designs for everyone returning," if we assume 4 Dinobots, Lockdown, Galvatron as new, Crosshairs, Drift, Hound and Stinger, that's only 10, we're up to 11 if we count Steeljaw. So we'll see.

Regardless, some of them aren't gonna be in the toyline proper, I'm guessing, so that'll suck. I hate when they do that, but take the time to do new-mould non-movie guys in the mainline.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

Onslaught Six wrote:Okay, so add one more. There's also rumours that Lockdown will have a few more guys and I'd assume so--one interview with Bay I read said that there were "18 new robots in this one plus new designs for everyone returning," if we assume 4 Dinobots, Lockdown, Galvatron as new, Crosshairs, Drift, Hound and Stinger, that's only 10, we're up to 11 if we count Steeljaw. So we'll see.

Regardless, some of them aren't gonna be in the toyline proper, I'm guessing, so that'll suck. I hate when they do that, but take the time to do new-mould non-movie guys in the mainline.
It seems odd to make designs for them and not toys, considering the entire franchise exists to sell toys. Even if there were only a handful of decepticons in the film (like with the first TF movie) I was holding out hope for toyline only decepticons like Swindle from the first movie (you know, all those decepticon dudes with the lens-faces?)
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Onslaught Six wrote:Okay, so add one more. There's also rumours that Lockdown will have a few more guys and I'd assume so--one interview with Bay I read said that there were "18 new robots in this one plus new designs for everyone returning," if we assume 4 Dinobots, Lockdown, Galvatron as new, Crosshairs, Drift, Hound and Stinger, that's only 10, we're up to 11 if we count Steeljaw. So we'll see.

One of the TV spots shows in addition to the dogs, Lockdown does have a humanoid crew. Although from what was shown of them, they all appear to share the same design.
Onslaught Six wrote:Oh, and it turns out that Wahlberg's son (the race car driver)
He's actually dating Wahlberg's daughter in the film, he's not his son.