TFviews Botcon Photos (all lines, not just AOE)

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Re: TFviews Botcon Photos (all lines, not just AOE)

Post by BWprowl »

Onslaught Six wrote:Drift is also rumoured to be a "former Decepticon" and the more and more I see it, the more I'm thinking he is also human-created and switches sides mid-way through the film, changing from helicopter to car form when he does so.
For some reason I was more expecting a Sentinel Prime-esque plot twist where Drift is revealed to be an Evil Human-Built Transformers all along, betrays the team, and takes on his helicopter altmode (it would explain why they're pumping Autobot Car Drift way more than Helicopter Drift, if Car Drift isn't meant to be a spoiler). Either way, it might at least explain his creepy ultra-human face (which I still want to get carved off so he can basically be Bludgeon).
Onslaught Six wrote:Regardless, some of them aren't gonna be in the toyline proper, I'm guessing, so that'll suck. I hate when they do that, but take the time to do new-mould non-movie guys in the mainline.
But the non-movie guys are always the coolest part of the line! I'm insanely happy we got Mindwipe and Skystalker in ROTF over...more Constructicons (with the exception of Scrapper, I would've loved Scrapper).

At any rate, Transformers Has Changed, especially in regards to the movies. This is no longer about Hasbro designing a bunch of TFs to be made into toys, then handing all that off to a studio and going "Make something". The media is conceived first and takes priority, and all the TFs involved are generated with that in mind, and Hasbro works with that to make toys alongside it. It's why faux-kibble is increasingly common, as guys who design things for the movies or games like WfC/FoC, or shows like TFPrime go "Fuck it" and don't make things really meant to work as toys, so Hasbro has to kind of BS it. So you also end up with elements in the movies like Lockdown's crew of generic probably-not-transforming 'bots, that aren't really conducive to the toyline, so Hasbro has to go "Fuck it, bad guys don't sell that well anymore anyway".
Almighty Unicron wrote:Even if there were only a handful of decepticons in the film (like with the first TF movie) I was holding out hope for toyline only decepticons like Swindle from the first movie (you know, all those decepticon dudes with the lens-faces?)
Given that Swindle and Payload were warming shelves like champs and were some of the only Deluxes you could find AT ALL in 2007, Hasbro probably doesn't want a repeat of that.

Still, we're barely in the initial round of the Movie line, there's a chance we may see more/different stuff in the latter half, maybe when it switches to the inevitable subline imprint (Allspark Power/NEST, etc). That's when all the cool shit in ROTF came out, anyway.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

JT, thanks for posting the bios on some of them. (Much appreciated.) Skybite's bio annoys me (for not matching the current comics), but it is good to be able to read it now.

Misc thoughts:

-I want to like that Sky/Jetfire. I really do. But, that much chrome? Red chrome no less? And, that face chest in robot mode? Too many problems for such a large and expensive toy. I am not even sure it is a full improvement over the figure from 8 years back. (It should be an unambiguous step up. But, for every nice thing I see, I see too many problems.)

-Should we assume that Rattrap, Crosscut and a few others have not been released yet? (I am sort of tempted by Crosscut.)

-Still waiting for a good Jhiaxus. Maybe in another 10 years?

-Gears might be a fun extra. (I have no great love for the character. But, if anybody should be happy to see a figure of the Autobot complianiac, it is me.)

-No pictures of the Megatron? (Lewis found them posted someplace. Did I miss them?)
It is Decepticon Steeljaw, It's rumored to be Lockdown's dog/wolf that he uses to hunts down his enemies/bounties.
I get the feeling that "Steeljaw" is a character class name more than a character name. (Remember, one of the Wreckers also had a Steeljaw.)
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I'm actually even MORE tempted by Jetfire now. The red chrome... I love chrome anyway and on this figure it really seems to make the figure pop visually. The fake parts don't seem to bother me, but I will wait judgement on that part to see if it affects the figure functionally like it did with Bumblebee.

I'm pretty excited for the new Generations stuff coming out. Cross Cut is a repaint of Skids, right? Did Skids ever come out? I know I never saw one around here. And that's my main concern with most of this is going to be distribution. I found Skrapnel and Tailgate. Have not seen Swerve or Cosmos, nor any sign of Gears, all of which were supposedly release prior to Skrapnel and Tailgate. This effectively means that my area simply will never get those figures. Sure, I could buy them online, but I could buy just about any figure online.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Dominic wrote:Skybite's bio annoys me (for not matching the current comics),
No pizza crusts for that intern this week! Do your job, ya monkey!
-Should we assume that Rattrap, Crosscut and a few others have not been released yet? (I am sort of tempted by Crosscut.)
They're trickling out some places (online retailers, et al) but don't seem to have reached full penetration yet.
-Still waiting for a good Jhiaxus. Maybe in another 10 years?
This one looks like he did in the current comics, right? Isn't that what you want?
-No pictures of the Megatron? (Lewis found them posted someplace. Did I miss them?)
We got Hasbro-official pictures at the same time he was revealed. He's a Decepticon, sadly, and has a built-in Armada Megatron retool that may be coming out around the same time.

At any rate, all that stuff should probably be discussed in the Generations forum (except now AoE toys ARE Generations, jeez).
I get the feeling that "Steeljaw" is a character class name more than a character name. (Remember, one of the Wreckers also had a Steeljaw.)
More likely explanation: Autobot Steeljaw didn't appear in the movie and Hasbro/Bay just plum forgot about him/didn't give a shit.

Alternative stupid fanwank explanation: 'Steeljaw' is a stupidly common Cybertronian pet name, akin to 'Buster' or the like.
Shockwave wrote:Did Skids ever come out? I know I never saw one around here.
Yeah, he came out, same wave as Waspinator and...Dreadwing, I think. I saw him in stores a couple times, but didn't buy him because I like colon cancer more than I do IDW Skids.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

BWprowl wrote:
Shockwave wrote:Did Skids ever come out? I know I never saw one around here.
Yeah, he came out, same wave as Waspinator and...Dreadwing, I think. I saw him in stores a couple times, but didn't buy him because I like colon cancer more than I do IDW Skids.
I saw Dreadwing once. And that was it. And I've never seen Waspinator either.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

I just posted the Hasbro high-res panel photos. Surprisingly, they let loose 2015 images as well.

http://photos.actionfigs.com/g6871-hi-r ... mages.html

You can click a link under each image to view full-sized if it's not full-size on the page already.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

And here's the Hasbro panel write-up:

http://www.tfviews.com/news/main/1937
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

But the non-movie guys are always the coolest part of the line! I'm insanely happy we got Mindwipe and Skystalker in ROTF over...more Constructicons (with the exception of Scrapper, I would've loved Scrapper).
But that was the year after, when everyone important was already out; in the year after a movie line, you expect a bunch of non-movie Movie stuff. Those were all great toys. Guys like, uh, Stratosphere? Nobody wants them, not when the movie's out, anyway.
maybe when it switches to the inevitable subline imprint (Allspark Power/NEST, etc). That's when all the cool shit in ROTF came out, anyway.
I honestly don't think they're going to do that with this one. I think once the movie phase is over, they're just going to chug along straight into Generations.

-Should we assume that Rattrap, Crosscut and a few others have not been released yet?
They...have and they haven't? Walky has them, but Walky goes out of his way sometimes to get new shit earlier than most people. (I only know this because I accidentally ended up on his blog.)
As far as I know, he wasn't on display, just in pictures they released.

Cross Cut is a repaint of Skids, right? Did Skids ever come out? I know I never saw one around here.
Yes, he did, briefly. His wave is getting a rerelease, or they're putting him into a revision case, or something. He's supposed to come out around the fall.

This one looks like he did in the current comics, right? Isn't that what you want?
Not really. I mean, he doesn't look like he does in the comics, he looks like Armada Starscream with a really shitty head put on.
We got Hasbro-official pictures at the same time he was revealed. He's a Decepticon, sadly,
Hasbro said there's some way to make him an Autobot at the panel, so I'm guessing he's got stickers.
More likely explanation: Autobot Steeljaw didn't appear in the movie and Hasbro/Bay just plum forgot about him/didn't give a shit.
'Steeljaw' may not have been his proper name, although I think they did call him that in Human Alliance. (The pics that those were with were riddled with hilarious fake names, like Megatron being called Blitzwing.)
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

I think Mark was just kidding about the Autobot logo on Megatron, he was flipping back and forth from the real Hasbro photography to a slide with a crudely photoshopped Autobrand over it. I would not expect it, but then again, I just looked and the Decepticon sigil is only a tampo, not sculpted, so maybe.